With sports writers descending on Big Ten media days in Chicago, here are some of the top tweets from across the country:
- “Wasn't aware that since 2001 no Big Ten team has won more bowls games or has a higher winning percentage in bowl games than Iowa.” -- Pat Harty of the Iowa Press-Citizen.
- “Wireless so slow at Big Ten media days, you'll be reading quotes from Lloyd Carr.” --Teddy Greenstein of the Chicago Tribune.
- “[Ohio State coach] Urban Meyer did nothing to contradict the stereotype of the BigTen's lack of speed -- saying they need to catch up and are recruiting to that” --Phil Harrison of CollegeFootballNews.com.
- “Sandwiches big enough to sate an offensive lineman here in Chicago, where eating is a way of life. #B1Gfootball” -- Jeff Rapp of Sportsrappup.com.
- “Coach Zook didn't leave the cupboard bare. I found 34 unused timeouts in his desk." --Tim Beckman, while Twitter was down.” -- Ramzy Nasrallah of elevenwarriors.com.
- “We're a couple minutes away from finding out if you can understand Bo Pelini when he isn't yelling at you.” -- Tom Fornelli of CBSSports.com.
- “Iowa QB James Vandenberg hunted and killed a 305-pound black bear this summer in "northern Saskatchewan." Like that's really a place.” -- Travis Haney of ESPN.com.
- “[Northwestern coach Pat] Fitzgerald calls new Northwestern uniforms "classy." Refrains from saying "Mario Paint is awesome."” -- Adam Kramer of kegsneggsblog.com.
- “Did you guys see [Michigan State coach] Mark Dantonio smile? I was in the room. It wasn't TV special effects or anything” -- Marcus Hartman of Buckeyesportsbulletin.com.
- “B1G media day tradition: one guy asking every coach the same ?. This year - How do you feel about coaches recruiting PSU players?” -- Jerry Palm of CBSSports.com.
For more up-to-the-minute news and analysis from Big Ten bloggers Dave Carey and Mike Singer, follow @CBSSportsBigTen.