Here is out first set of ACC power rankings for the 2012 season:
1. Florida State 0-0 (1) vs. Murray State, Saturday, 6 p.m. (ESPN3) -- The Seminoles open with two cupcakes against Murray State and Savannah State before jumping into conference play.
4. Georgia Tech 0-0 (4) at Virginia Tech, Monday, 8 p.m. (ESPN) -- This is the first time Georgia Tech will not face an FCS team in its opening game since 2007, when the Yellow Jackets opened with Notre Dame.
5. NC State 0-0 (5) vs. Tennessee in Atlanta, Friday, 7:30 p.m. (ESPNU) -- NC State QB Mike Glennon will duel Tennessee QB Tyler Bray this weekend. Both could be first round NFL Draft picks.
6. North Carolina 0-0 (6) vs. Elon, Saturday, 12:30 p.m. (ACC Network) -- The Larry Fedora era in Chapel Hill kicks off this weekend. It's the fifth time in six years the Tar Heels open with an FCS opponent.
7. Virginia 0-0 (7) vs. Richmond, Saturday, 3 p.m. (RSN) -- Virginia coach Mike London faces his alma mater, where he won an FCS national championship in 2008.
9. Duke 0-0 (9) vs. Florida International, Saturday, 7 p.m. (ESPN3) -- The Blue Devils beat FIU 31-27 on the road in 2011 despite trailing 27-17 in the fourth quarter.
10. Boston College (10) vs. Miami, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. (ABC/ESPN2) -- The Eagles beat Miami 24-17 to end last season.
11. Wake Forest (11) vs. Liberty, Saturday, 6:30 p.m. (ESPN3) -- This is just the second time in the past 10 years that the Demon Deacons haven't faced an opponent from a BCS conference in their opener.
12. Maryland (12) vs. William & Mary, 3 p.m. (ESPN3) -- Maryland true freshman QB Perry Hills will get his first start Saturday as the Terrapins try to snap an eight-game losing streak.
For more up-to-the-minute news and analysis from ACC bloggers Shawn Krest and Sean Bielawski, follow @CBSSportsACC.