|Munchie Legaux turned some heads earlier this week when he said that he was better than Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater. (AP)|
As if Friday's matchup between Louisville and Cincinnati at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium needed any more allure, Bearcats quarterback Munchie Legaux added some luster Tuesday when he proclaimed his prowess over Cardinals quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.
Legaux was asked if he and Bridgewater were alike. His answer was simple.
"I'm better," Legaux said, according to BearcatReport.com.
Even after given the chance to reverse his position and give a more diplomatic response, he didn't. He stuck with his assertion. For that he deserves credit, though his judge of talent may be clouded somewhat by bias.
Both quarterbacks have similar numbers -- and Bridgewater did play two games in, basically, a swimming pool -- but the Louisville quarterback has shown pinpoint accuracy and poise in leading the Cardinals to a 7-0 record.
But, for the sake of argument, here's the tale of the tape between Bridgewater and Legaux:
- Records: Bridgewater (7-0); Legaux (5-1)
- Yards per game: Bridgewater (242); Legaux (239.2)
- Yards per attempt: Bridgewater (9.01); Legaux (7.97)
- Touchdowns: Legaux (15); Bridgewater (12)
- Interceptions: Bridgewater (3); Legaux (5)
- Completion percentage: Bridgewater (73.4); Legaux (53.3)
- Rushing yards: Legaux (264); Bridgewater (82)
- Rating: Bridgewater (165.2); Legaux (136.7)