|Clemson QB Tajh Boyd has thrown 10 touchdown passes in the last two weeks. (US Presswire)|
Here's CBSSports.com Rapid Reports ACC power ranking:
1. Florida State (8-1): The Seminoles had the week off to prepare for Thursday's trip to Virginia Tech. Last week's power ranking: 1. Next up: at Virginia Tech, Thursday, 7:30 p.m. ET, (ESPN).
2. Clemson (8-1): Tajh Boyd threw five touchdowns in the first half for the second week in a row as the Tigers gutted a solid Duke team. Last week's power ranking: 2. Next up: vs. Maryland, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, (ESPNU).
3. North Carolina (6-3): The Tar Heels come out of their bye week looking to continue their quest to be the “people's Coastal Division champions.” It seems that no one wants to win the division, except the Heels -- who can't. Last week's power ranking: 3. Next up: vs. Georgia Tech, Saturday, 12:30 p.m. ET, (ACC Network).
4. Miami (5-4): The Hurricanes beat Virginia Tech and now control their own destiny in the wide-open Coastal. Of course, the school is reportedly considering self-imposing a bowl ban for the season, which could keep Miami from winning the division. Last week's power ranking: 9. Next up: at Virginia, Saturday, noon ET, (ABC).
5. Duke (6-4): The Blue Devils were blown out again on Saturday, but this time, they lost at home. Lopsided losses to Stanford, Florida State, Clemson and Virginia Tech show that Duke isn't an elite team this season, but the Devils still control their own destiny in the division. Last week's power ranking: 4. Next up: off week, then at Georgia Tech, Saturday, Nov. 17, time and TV TBA.
6. Wake Forest (5-4): The Demon Deacons beat Boston College and showed they're a much stronger team when Michael Campanaro is healthy. Last week's power ranking: 7. Next up: at NC State, Saturday, 3 p.m. ET, (RSN).
7. NC State (5-4): The Wolfpack were never in the game against Virginia, and State fans are calling for coach Tom O'Brien's head. They just might get it, if a talented NC State team doesn't finish strong. Last week's power ranking: 5. Next up: vs. Wake Forest, Saturday, 3 p.m. ET, (RSN).
8. Georgia Tech (4-5): The Yellow Jackets' offense returned in the win over Maryland, and the defense held the Terrapins to 13 points. Coach Paul Johnson pointed out after the game that Tech is still alive in the race for the roller Coastal. Last week's power ranking: 12. Next up: at North Carolina, Saturday, 12:30 p.m. ET, (ACC Network).
9. Virginia Tech (4-5): The Hokies had uncharacteristic special-teams mistakes in the loss to Miami, and QB Logan Thomas refused to speak to the media afterward. The team seems to be in disarray, and Tech now faces a rested Seminoles team on Thursday. Last week's power ranking: 6. Next up: vs. Florida State, Thursday, 7:30 p.m. ET, (ESPN).
10. Virginia (3-6): The Cavaliers broke through with a much-needed win over NC State. Coach Mike London seems to have decided that the answer to the Michael Rocco vs. Phillip Sims quarterback debate is “both.” Last week's power ranking: 11. Next up: vs. Miami, Saturday, noon ET, (ABC).
11. Maryland (4-5): The quarterback madness continues. RB Wes Brown took direct snaps in the first half and had to leave the game with a foot injury. Converted LB Shawn Petty finished the game strong, however, throwing a touchdown pass as time expired. Last week's power ranking: 8. Next up: at Clemson, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, (ESPNU).
12. Boston College (2-7): After a week's reprieve, the Eagles are back at the bottom of the power ranking, following a loss to Wake Forest. Things don't look to improve with this week's opponent. Last week's power ranking: 10. Next up: vs. Notre Dame, Saturday, 8 p.m. ET, (ABC).
For more up-to-the-minute news and analysis from ACC bloggers Shawn Krest and Sean Bielawski, follow @CBSSportsACC.