|Virginia upset Miami on Saturday and threw the Coastal into chaos. Again. (US Presswire)|
Here's CBSSports.com Rapid Reports ACC power ranking:
1. Florida State (9-1): The Seminoles pulled out a win at Virginia Tech. The next major roadblock to their season is the finale against Florida. Last week's power ranking: 1. Next up: at Maryland, Saturday, noon ET, (ESPNU).
2. Clemson (9-1): The Tigers scored 45 against Maryland, giving them nine straight games of 37 or more points. Games against NC State and South Carolina will determine if they get an at-large BCS berth. Last week's power ranking: 2. Next up: vs. NC State, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, (ABC/ESPN2).
3. Duke (6-4): Last Saturday was one of those days when the best strategy was not to play a game. There have been a lot of those in the Coastal Division this year. Miami and Virginia Tech lost, meaning the Blue Devils control their own division destiny. Last week's power ranking: 5. Next up: at Georgia Tech, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, (ESPNU).
4. NC State (6-4): The Wolfpack got bowl eligible with a win over Wake Forest. If the script from NC State's up-and-down season continues, the Wolfpack should upset Clemson this week and throw things into turmoil -- again. Last week's power ranking: 7. Next up: at Clemson, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, (ABC/ESPN2).
5. Georgia Tech (5-5): Two weeks ago, Georgia Tech was dead last in the power ranking and Paul Johnson was on his way out the door. Now, the Yellow Jackets might end up winning the Coastal. Last week's power ranking: 8. Next up: vs. Duke, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, (ESPNU).
6. North Carolina (6-4): The Tar Heels had a week to prepare for Georgia Tech's offense and gave up 68 points to the Yellow Jackets. On the bright side, the Heels put up 50 points. Last week's power ranking: 3. Next up: at Virginia, Thursday, 7:30 p.m. ET, (ESPN).
7. Miami (5-5): The Hurricanes lost control of their own destiny in the Coastal with a last-second loss to Virginia. They play out of conference this week, which might be the best strategy. Last week's power ranking: 4. Next up: vs. South Florida, Saturday, 3 p.m. ET, (RSN).
8. Wake Forest (5-5): Wake needs to beat either Notre Dame or Vanderbilt to become bowl eligible after getting hammered by NC State on Saturday. Last week's power ranking: 6. Next up: at Notre Dame, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, (NBC).
9. Virginia (4-6): The Cavaliers hadn't won a conference game until two weeks ago, and yet, they still have a shot at tying for the lead in the Coastal. Last week's power ranking: 10. Next up: vs. North Carolina, Thursday, 7:30 p.m. ET, (ESPN).
10. Virginia Tech (4-6): The Hokies nearly salvaged their season by upsetting Florida State on Thursday. They couldn't hold onto the lead and now need to win out to become bowl eligible. Last week's power ranking: 9. Next up: at Boston College, Saturday, 12:30 p.m. ET, (ACC Network).
11. Maryland (4-6): With every quarterback already on the shelf, the injury bug moved on to WR Stefon Diggs. Maryland finishes a snakebitten season with games against Florida State and North Carolina. Last week's power ranking: 11. Next up: vs. Florida State, Saturday, noon ET, (ESPNU).
12. Boston College (2-8): The Eagles can hold on to the fact that they weren't blown out by Notre Dame. But with games against Virginia Tech and NC State remaining, Boston College might not get another positive moment this season. Last week's power ranking: 12. Next up: vs. Virginia Tech, Saturday, 12:30 p.m. ET, (ACC Network).
For more up-to-the-minute news and analysis from ACC bloggers Shawn Krest and Sean Bielawski, follow @CBSSportsACC.