Ohio State RB Carlos Hyde will not be charged for alleged assault

By Tom Fornelli | College Football Writer

Carlos Hyde had been suspended indefinitely by the Buckeyes
Carlos Hyde had been suspended indefinitely by the Buckeyes. (USATSI)

Some very good news for Ohio State and running back Carlos Hyde as Hyde will not be charged for an alleged assault at a Columbus bar on July 20.

According to a release from the Columbus Police Department on Tuesday, the investigation has been closed because the alleged victim does not want to press charges against Hyde.

Hyde had been suspended indefinitely by the Buckeyes after he was accused of assaulting a woman at a Sugar Bar 2, a Columbus night club. However, the day after Hyde's suspension was announced a report from Yahoo Sports said that surveillance footage from the nightclub showed that Hyde did not strike the alleged victim.

When announcing Hyde's suspension Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said Hyde would be suspended from all team activities "pending the outcome of the student code of conduct and criminal investigations." It remains to be seen what, if any punishment, Hyde will have to serve now that the investigation has been closed.

Hyde rushed for 970 yards and 16 touchdowns for the Buckeyes last season, and is expected to start for the Buckeyes again in 2013.

CBSSports Facebook Google Plus
COMMENTS
Conversation powered by Livefyre

College Football Video

July 2, 2015
Which schools play better at home than on the road? (2:05)
July 2, 2015
Friday Five Video-Independence Day
(0:49)
July 2, 2015
Will Oregon have a winning season in 2015?
(1:31)
July 2, 2015
Braxton Miller speculation
(1:52)

Latest

Most Popular