The investigation into accusations of sexual assault against Florida State quarterback
The Tallahassee Democrat reported the time of the press conference, with the Associated Press and other outlets reporting that the investigation has been completed.
An official with the state attorney's office told CBSSports.com's Jeremy Fowler Nov. 26 that no decision on Winston's potential charges would be reached until after further evidence had been obtained, with that decision likely waiting until after this Saturday's ACC Championship Game.
The change in the timetable could rule Winston out of that game and a potential BCS Championship Game, as per the Democrat a felony charge would mandate an immediate suspension according to the FSU Code of Conduct until the charges were resolved.
The accusations against Winston stem back to an incident in Dec. 7, 2012, in which a female Florida State student told police she had been raped and later named Winston as the suspect. The investigation was made inactive only to be reopened by the state attorney's office in November.
Winston's attorney said his client had engaged in consensual sex with the accuser after a DNA test reportedly showed that sexual contact had taken place in the Dec. 2013 incident.
The family of the accuser has criticized the Tallahassee Police Department's handling of the case, saying the family's attorney was warned against pursuing charges.
Winston is the clear favorite for the Heisman Trophy after leading the Seminoles to a 12-0 record, a No. 1 BCS ranking, and the ACC Atlantic Division Championship. He was named the ACC's Player of the Year Wednesday.