This Week's Top 10 list comes from Hoover, Ala. I'm in the Deep South for the circus known as SEC media days centered at the Wynfrey Hotel. As the league tries to make it seven BCS titles in a row here are 10 bold -- and not-so-bold -- predictions for this week's media event:
1. Les Miles, in vintage Les Miles fashion, will phrase something in a way so peculiarly revealing that he will end up trending. He will also be asked about Tyrann Mathieu's tweeting habits and somehow manage to weave Gunner Kiel into his answer.
2. Steve Spurrier will turn around a "Can you talk about …" question into a zinger aimed at a rival, probably Clemson, and end up broadsiding some other entity in the process by discussing how, "You know, we just don't have enough scholarships to offer entire high school football teams in hopes of getting the guy we really want. I don't know, maybe they should just allow more scholarships to ACC schools, though so they could do that. You know, because that league is getting tougher since they're bringing in Syracuse."
3. James Franklin will begin his interview session by walking to the podium, snatching the Vandy helmet off the dais, hoisting it triumphantly above his head and then swatting the remaining 13 helmets from the other schools onto the floor.
4. Someone will ask Nick Saban about the alleged sorority slugfest his daughter was involved in recently and that person will get mean-mugged by a handful of 'Bama fans who have snuck into the interview room.
5. The media will come away raving about one of the new coaches, the one they'll mistake for an SID till he grabs the mic away the podium to criss-cross the room and leaves them saying, "I doubt he'll win more than three games this season, but, damn, that Freeze guy sure can preach!"
6. John L. Smith will begin his session with a shrug.
7. Half of the questions Mark Richt will be asked will either relate to Isaiah Crowell and/or discipline.
8. Derek Dooley will be asked about his pants, his hot seat, his mom's feather boa and Clay Travis, all by Clay Travis.
9. Gary Pinkel will be asked more about his DUI than his DGB.