|The Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the playoffs? Well, somebody's gotta be. (US Presswire)|
Editor's note: After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs, ranked in order by seed.
Playoff picture projections: Week 8
1. Houston Texans (South champion)
2. New England Patriots (East champion)
3. Denver Broncos (West champion)
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (North champion)
5. Baltimore Ravens (Wild card No. 1)
6. Miami Dolphins (Wild card No. 2)
1. Atlanta Falcons (South champion)
2. Chicago Bears (North champion)
3. New York Giants (East champion)
4. San Francisco 49ers (West champion)
5. Green Bay Packers (Wild card No. 1)
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Wild card No. 2)
What are the Bucs doing in there? Hey, somebody has to be the last seed in the NFC.
Do you think it's the Vikings? The Bucs destroyed them, and the Minnesota schedule is brutal.
Dallas? Yeah, right. Philadelphia? No way. So it's Seattle or Tampa Bay and, for now, I'll take the Bucs.