We're a little over two weeks away from the NFL Draft, and I have a change at the top in my latest mock draft.
I have the Chiefs now taking Central Michigan tackle Eric Fisher. Why Fisher? After studying his tape last week, he just might be the best player in this draft. In studying tackles, I always want to see if they come close to resembling former Jaguars tackle Tony Boselli, the best I've seen with my own two eyes.
|More 2013 NFL Draft coverage|
Fisher does. He has great feet He is fantastic in his pass sets and he uses his hands well. He is a little light in the behind, but he can gain weight, which will help his power in the run game.
Fisher gets the top nod right now, but that can change in the next couple of weeks.
Two weeks to go. The mocks are getting serious now.
1. Kansas City Chiefs -- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan: After studying him on tape, I think he's the best tackle in this draft. The Chiefs take him.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon: He would help amp up a pass rush that has been horrible.
3. Oakland Raiders -- Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida: They get a quick, penetrating defensive tackle in the Warren Sapp mold.
4. Philadelphia Eagles -- Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU: Pass rushers are always a nice pick this high.
5. Detroit Lions -- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M: They get a nice replacement for the retired Jeff Backus.
6. Cleveland Browns -- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State: They could pair him with Joe Haden to form a nice tandem.
7. Arizona Cardinals -- Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma: They have to upgrade at left tackle and this kid would do it.
8. Buffalo Bills -- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: Somebody has to play the position, so Smith makes sense.
9. New York Jets -- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah: Rex Ryan would probably see another Haloti Ngata in him.
10. Tennessee Titans -- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU: They have to improve their outside pass rush. This kid is raw but makes sense.
11. San Diego Chargers -- Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia: The pass rush needs help and this kid made a ton of plays.
12. Miami Dolphins -- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama: They have to find a starter to fill the void left by Sean Smith.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington: They have to get somebody to play corner and a young one makes sense even if they get Darrelle Revis.
14. Carolina Panthers -- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri: They have a big hole in the middle of their defense and Richardson can help plug it.
15. New Orleans Saints -- Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State: He was a right tackle at FSU, but he can move to the left side.
16. St. Louis Rams -- Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia: They get an explosive playmaker for Sam Bradford.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Bjoern Werner, OLB, Florida State: The Steelers can convert him to an outside 3-4 linebacker.
18. Dallas Cowboys -- Chance Warmack, G, Alabama: They have to get better inside. Warmack is a mauler. So he stays in this spot.
19. New York Giants -- D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama: They need help there in the worst way.
20. Chicago Bears -- Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina: All of sudden their line is a strong point if they get this kid.
21. Cincinnati Bengals -- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas: They need more range from the back end.
22. St. Louis Rams (From Washington Redskins) -- Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU: They have to get help in the back of that defense.
23. Minnesota Vikings -- Datone Jones, DE, UCLA: Jared Allen can't play forever, and this kid has a ton of talent.
24. Indianapolis Colts -- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: Reggie Wayne isn't a kid anymore. They need help. Darius Heyward-Bey is a stopgap.
25. Minnesota Vikings (From Seattle Seahawks) -- Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State: It never hurts to get a speedy linebacker.
26. Green Bay Packers -- Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina: They have to get better inside against the run.
27. Houston Texans -- Keenan Allen, WR, Cal: They have to get somebody to take some of the pressure off Andre Johnson.
28. Denver Broncos -- Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama: They need to improve in a big way in the middle of their defense.
29. New England Patriots -- Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State: They need another corner with Aqib Talib only on a one-year deal.
30. Atlanta Falcons -- D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston: He has good size and can run and cover. That's what the Falcons need.
31. San Francisco 49ers -- Matt Elam, S, Florida: They need a young safety to step in for the departed Dashon Goldson.
32. Baltimore Ravens -- DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson: They have to get a replacement for Anquan Boldin.