Training camp is beautiful, isn't it? Football players report back to their teams and begin practicing. Coaches begin figuring out just who will play where and for how long. Fans start to foam at the mouth over every move their team makes. And Fantasy owners, both die-hard and chilled out, think forward about what to do in their drafts.
Of course, we've been mock drafting here and there for months, but this 12-team standard-scoring league is the first of four we'll do every single week. We'll pool our analysts together for a live video show and you can watch and listen to us think out loud as we go round by round and pick by pick.
Finally, some commentary joins our mocks instead of just the results being displayed. It's what we do this time every year.
So let's get to it. Here's the lineup:
1. Al Melchior, Data Analyst
2. Peter Madden, Editorial Director, Fantasy Sports
3. Dave Richard, Senior Fantasy Writer
4. Michael Hurcomb, Editor, Fantasy Sports
5. Jeff Tobin, Associate Managing Editor
6. Scott White, Senior Fantasy Writer
7. Chris Towers, Fantasy Writer
8. Igor Mello, Fantasy Writer
9. Will Brinson, CBSSports.com Eye on Football Blogger
10. Larry Hartstein, Fantasy Writer
11. Jamey Eisenberg, Senior Fantasy Writer
12. Brian Westbrook, Fantasy Football Today analyst
We went 15 rounds in this standard-scoring draft. That is to say, all touchdowns are worth six points with a point for every 10 yards rushing/receiving and a point for every 25 yards passing.
We'll start one QB, two RBs, two WRs, a TE, a FLEX (RB/WR/TE), a kicker and a DST. Every team will have six bench spots.
Remember, you can sound off on who did well and who whiffed in our draft by either writing us on Twitter (@CBSFantasyFB), posting on our Facebook page, posting on the message board underneath the draft results or opening up your window and yelling as loud as you can.