NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITIED.
Sponsor, Administrator and Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc., 2200 W. Cypress Creek Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Contest Entities: CBS Interactive Inc.
1. Acceptance of Official Rules. By entering the CBSSports.com Fantasy Baseball Ultimate Draft Party (the "Contest") operated on the CBS Sports.com Web site accessible at the domain "cbssports.com" (the "CBS Sports Service"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Contest, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Contest, whose decisions are final.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is offered and open to persons who are: (a) Registered Users (as defined below); (b) legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia; and (c) at least 18 or older at the date of entry in this Contest. For purposes of these Official Rules, Registered User(s) means a person that has successfully completed the registration form and has obtained a User Identification ("ID") and associated password ("Password") on one or more of the following Websites: CBSSports.com, CBSgames.com, CBS.com, CBSnews.com, NCAASports.com, ETonline.com and/or theinsider.com. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Contest. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Contest is void outside of the 50 U.S., in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
3. Promotional Period. The Promotion begins on February 2, 2009 at 12:00:00 PM ET and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on April 30, 2009 (ET) (the "Promotional Period").
4. How It Works. Participants will be asked to write about their favorite Fantasy Baseball experience (your "experience") they have had on the CBSSports.com website or a competitor's website. The submission can be no more than 200 words in length. Entries must be in English. Entries should have no special characters, no profanity, no obscenities and must be an original creation of the participant. See Rule #3 for entry deadlines. Participants, by sending your experience, you give the Contest Entities permission to publish the experience on the CBSSports.com Service for free. Submissions must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole determination of Contest Entities. Sponsor reserves the right to reproduce the submissions in full or edit and enhance the submissions at its discretion. Sponsor is authorized to use submissions as it sees fit, including usage in promotion and advertising. All experiences must be original and the property of the entrant. All entries are royalty-free, world-wide and perpetually licensed to Sponsor and will not be returned to participants. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced entries. Participants, by sending your submission, you give the Contest Entities a perpetual, world wide, royalty free license to publish your submission on the CBSSports.com Service with no compensation to you.
5. To Enter. To enter the Contest click here or go to the Contest entry page on the CBS Service and follow the instructions to complete the Contest entry form, including, without limitation, submitting your ID and Password, enter your submission and hit the "Enter Now" button and you will receive an entry into this Contest. If you are not a Registered User you may become a Registered User and obtain an ID and Password by completing the registration form where it says Register Now. There is no fee or charge to become a Registered User. Limit One (1) Submission per person.
6. Judging. A panel of judges comprised of employees of the Contest Entities will act as an independent judging organization, whose decision will be final and binding in all respects and on all matters relating to this Contest. The panel of judges will choose the winner based on the originality (25%), colorfulness & creativity (35%) and writing ability (40%) shown by participants in their experience entry submission.
7. Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize: A trip to Fort Lauderdale, Florida for the grand prize winner and up to 11 guests for a 2010 Season Fantasy Baseball Draft. Prize includes: roundtrip coach airfare for up to 12 people, 2 nights double occupancy hotel accommodations; ground transportation to and from the airport/hotel, CBSSports.com gear (details TBD), and a meeting with a CBS Sports Fantasy Baseball Expert who will help assist with, and write an online article about, the grand prize winner's Fantasy Draft. (Approximate Retail Value maximum of $15,405)
One (1) First Prize: Fantasy Baseball Commissioner for Life. The first prize winner will be awarded a free Fantasy Baseball League for each annual Professional Baseball Season for thirty-three (33) years (commencing in April of 2010 and ending in October 2043 or while the Sponsor produces a Fantasy Baseball League, which ever date is earlier). Estimated retail value of prize package is up to One Hundred Seventy-nine Dollars and ninety-nine cents ($179.99 US Dollars) per year, for a total of up to Four Thousand Nine Hundred Fifty Dollars ($5939.67 US Dollars).
One (1) Third Prize: A $500 CBS Sports Store Gift Certificate. (Approximate retail value of $500)
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded $21,844.67
8. Winner Notification. The prizes shall be awarded on or around July 6, 2009. The Potential Prize Winners will be notified by email and/or by phone. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during (5) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner(s) selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
9. Certain Prize Restrictions. Grand Prize: All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes, meals, beverages, alcoholic beverages and gratuities are responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and guest. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Specifics of Grand Prize travel package are subject to availability and Sponsor's sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of Prize trip will be furnished with each prize notification. Travel must be made through Sponsor's agent on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. Reservations are subject to availability. Travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Grand Prize winner and guests must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. If Grand Prize winner resides within a 100 mile radius of event, ground transportation may be provided for Grand Prize winner and guests in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Travel companions of Grand Prize winner must be 18 years of age or older or must have reached the age of majority in his or her state of residence as of date of travel and will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release (unless prohibited by law) prior to ticketing. Administrator, and/or any other relevant party, reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to Grand Prize Winner and/or guests who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Actual value may vary based on place of departure and dates of travel. 1st Prize: CBSSports.com FANTASY BASEBALL COMMISSIONER PRODUCT FREE FOR LIFE. CBSSports.com FANTASY BASEBALL COMMISSIONER PRODUCT FREE FOR LIFE IS DEFINED AS THIRTY-THREE CONSECUTIVE YEARS (the "First Place Prize").* One (1) Fantasy Baseball Commissioner Product will be awarded to a cleared winner each annual Professional Baseball Season for thirty-three (33) Years (commencing in April of 2010 and ending in October 2043; or while the Sponsor produces a Fantasy Baseball League, which ever date is earlier; or winner may choose a one time payment of $4950 US Dollars). If cash option is chosen by a cleared winner, prize must be taken within 30 days of clearance. Estimated retail value of prize package is up to One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150 US Dollars) per year, for a total of up to Four Thousand Nine Hundred Fifty Dollars ($4,950 US Dollars). CBS Interactive reserves the right to award the First Place Prize in the form of an assignment of Entities (as defined below) rights to a third party disbursement agent who may assume all responsibilities for the delivery of the Fantasy Baseball Commissioner Product for all subsequent years to the winner. First Place Prize is not transferable to a third party and expires upon death of First Place Prize winner (and is not transferable or assignable upon winner's death). Any difference in actual value of First Place Prize (due to death of winner or otherwise) versus the total potential value as stated in these rules will not be awarded. In the event the First Place Prize is discontinued, CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBS Interactive") reserves the right to issue the balance of prize unused in cash. Value will be based on first year of First Place Prize Claim and not to exceed $150 US Dollars per year(s) remaining for the prize. It is solely the responsibility of the First Place Prize Winner to notify CBS Interactive (or its agent) in writing of any change of email address and/or physical address to facilitate the award of the First Place Prize. If CBS Interactive Inc. and/or it's agents is unable to contact the First Place Prize winner for any reason, or if any mail (postal or email) is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address, the First Place Prize award for that year and subsequent years will be forfeited. Cleared First Place Prize winner must agree to the terms and conditions of the CBSSports.com Fantasy Baseball commissioner product and is subject to disqualification for violation of such product. If cleared winner violates use of the product, cleared winner would forfeit any remaining time left on subscription(s) and/or any prize remaining. 2nd Prize: CBSSports.com Gift Certificates. Online Gift Certificates must be redeemed through our Web site, CBSSportsStore.com. Online Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash. Any unused balance is redeemable towards your next purchase at CBSSportsStore.com. If your order exceeds the amount on your Online Gift Certificate you must pay the remaining balance on a valid credit card. We cannot replace lost or stolen Online Gift Certificates. No sales tax is charged when buying Online Gift Certificates; however, purchases paid for with Online Gift Certificates will be charged applicable sales tax if shipped to addresses in Pennsylvania or Kentucky. All Gift Certificates expire one year after date of issuance. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of a Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute a Prize or any of its components with a prize of comparable or greater value should a Prize or any of its components become unavailable. Prizes are solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of any Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute a Prize or any of its components with a prize of comparable or greater value should a Prize or any of its components become unavailable. Prizes are solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
10. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Contest, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each of the Prize Winners.
11. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Prize Winners will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification or the Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Prize Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
12. Companion Liability Release. A signed Travel Companion Publicity Release (collectively, the "Travel Companion Release Forms") shall be required from the travel companions of the Grand Prize winner prior to issuance of travel documents. Failure to return Travel Companion Release Forms timely may prevent one or more of the travel companion(s) of Grand Prize winner from participating in the trip.
13. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, the Prize Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use Prize Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
14. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in it's sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Contest, and refuse to award a Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Contest or detrimental to other entrants of the Contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Contest. Entrants agree that Administrator may void any part of a Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. Integrity of Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and select the Prize Winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
16. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Contest.
17. Damaged Property. Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from this Contest.
18. Contest Errors. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Contest; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Contest; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
19. Prizes and Prize Winners. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Prize Winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Contest.
20. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Contest, including, without limitation, a Prize Winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Contest Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Contest and participation in any activity related to this Contest.
21. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE CONTEST ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
22. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE CONTEST AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
23. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
24. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California, in the City of San Francisco, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
25. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 24 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, in the City of San Francisco.
26. Winner List/Official Rules: For the name of the Prize Winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by July 31, 2009 to Winner's list CBSSports.com Fantasy Baseball Ultimate Draft Party c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 2200 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For a copy of the Official Rules mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules CBSSports.com Fantasy Baseball Ultimate Draft Party Official Contest Rules for receipt by April 30, 2009. Residents from VT may omit return postage. The full name of the Prize Winners may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on the CBS Sports Service.