Five Things I'm Looking Forward To Tonight
From food to foot injuries, here's what I'm looking forward to
About to head home from the office and get ready for a night of baseball (I will repeat this sentence five times per week until the end of September). Here are five things I'm looking forward to tonight:
1. Dinner: Let's start with that. Going meatball calzone tonight.
2. Yankees-Astros: Everyone else has had their fun! Now the Yankees and the Astros open their seasons. I am excited to have a rooting interest in a regular season game again, but I will be paying attention to CC Sabathia's performance. His velocity will be worth watching, but I don't expect it to be too high tonight. I also remember Sabathia having some lousy Opening Day performances, so I won't get too high or low based on tonight's performance. But let's see what's he's got.
3. Drew Hutchison: I could see myself dropping Tanner Scheppers for Hutchison if Hutchison is so totally awesome tonight. Yesterday I wrote "Don't Drop Tanner Scheppers!" And I still recommend hanging on to him. But if Hutchison dazzles I might want to get him on my team before anyone else has the chance.
4. Albert Pujols: What I really want to see is how Pujols runs to first base in a meaningful game. Please ground one slowly up the third base line and try to get an infield single, Albert.
5. Kluber vs. Kazmir: I'm a big alliteration guy (Adam Aizer's Awesome Alliteration Adventure!) so this matchup is already a winner in my book. But I feel like Scott and Al are higher on these guys than I am. I want to see what the fuss is about, particularly with Kazmir. He had some good stretches and some bad stretches last year. I'm not sold. Let's see it.
A light schedule this weeks means fewer two-start options than usual. Scott White gives some...
Have a hole in your lineup next week? Looking at trends and matchups, Scott White has come...
If you didn't make a move for A.J. Pollock a couple weeks ago, you're probably feeling left...
From a studly Addison Russell to a rejuvenated Aaron Nola to a healthy Garrett Richards, Scott...
One of the Dodgers' top prospects has a chance of joining their rotation this weekend, according...
Mookie Betts' power binge has him in the running for first overall pick in 2017, but he has...