Five Things I'm Looking Forward To Tonight
From food to foot injuries, here's what I'm looking forward to
About to head home from the office and get ready for a night of baseball (I will repeat this sentence five times per week until the end of September). Here are five things I'm looking forward to tonight:
1. Dinner: Let's start with that. Going meatball calzone tonight.
2. Yankees-Astros: Everyone else has had their fun! Now the Yankees and the Astros open their seasons. I am excited to have a rooting interest in a regular season game again, but I will be paying attention to CC Sabathia's performance. His velocity will be worth watching, but I don't expect it to be too high tonight. I also remember Sabathia having some lousy Opening Day performances, so I won't get too high or low based on tonight's performance. But let's see what's he's got.
3. Drew Hutchison: I could see myself dropping Tanner Scheppers for Hutchison if Hutchison is so totally awesome tonight. Yesterday I wrote "Don't Drop Tanner Scheppers!" And I still recommend hanging on to him. But if Hutchison dazzles I might want to get him on my team before anyone else has the chance.
4. Albert Pujols: What I really want to see is how Pujols runs to first base in a meaningful game. Please ground one slowly up the third base line and try to get an infield single, Albert.
5. Kluber vs. Kazmir: I'm a big alliteration guy (Adam Aizer's Awesome Alliteration Adventure!) so this matchup is already a winner in my book. But I feel like Scott and Al are higher on these guys than I am. I want to see what the fuss is about, particularly with Kazmir. He had some good stretches and some bad stretches last year. I'm not sold. Let's see it.
Only one month in and so many interesting twists and turns. Chris Towers looks at some of the...
Joey Gallo, Jason Heyward and Mark Reynolds have seen their stock rise in the early going....
No shortage of two-start options in Fantasy Week 5 (May 1-7), according to Scott White, but...
We explore starting pitching depth and wonder if we were drafting today would we prioritize...
The return of Sonny Gray bears watching. Chris Towers targets a handful of players who could...
Julio Urias and Cody Bellinger are up, so who's next? Scott White adds a certain Brewers outfielder...