Updated dynasty league rookie rankings
Dave Richard's freshened dynasty rookie rankings have Carlos Hyde and Blake Bortles among those moving up.
Training camp is over and we're a couple weeks into the preseason. Some rookies have looked great while others have left a lot to be desired. With that in mind, here's an updated Top 55 rank list for dynasty league owners ... with this important caveat: Need is an important factor in dynasty drafts -- please adjust these rankings based on what you need for your roster over the next 2-3 years.
, RB, Titans
2. Brandin Cooks , WR, Saints
3. Sammy Watkins , WR, Bills
4. Carlos Hyde , RB, 49ers
5. Mike Evans , WR, Buccaneers
6. Kelvin Benjamin , WR, Panthers
Sankey should end up being the Titans' top running back this year and feasibly for the next five or six seasons. It's hard to not put Watkins second on the list but Cooks' quarterback is better and the short-term return on Cooks should be greater than that of Watkins. Sammy needs a better passer. Hyde might end up stealing some good work away from Frank Gore this year and take over as the main back next year, making him a potential stud by 2015. Evans and Benjamin are good consolation prizes as capable receivers in the early part of Round 1.
, RB, Browns
8. Blake Bortles , QB, Jaguars
9. Jordan Matthews , WR, Eagles
10. Eric Ebron , TE, Lions
11. Devonta Freeman , RB, Falcons
12. Teddy Bridgewater , QB, Vikings
West should eventually settle in as the better back for the Browns but it won't happen so soon. Furthermore he doesn't quite have the long-term security as Hyde seems to have. But he's still a great first-round pick. I'm sold on Bortles and believe he'll eventually be a Fantasy legend once the Jaguars surround him with healthy receivers and an even better offensive line. Matthews also has a bright career trajectory so long as Chip Kelly stays with the Eagles. Ebron could take a while -- maybe a year -- to become a great Fantasy tight end. Freeman could end up fending off other running backs from a dominant workload in Atlanta. And Bridgewater should be a solid quarterback for the Vikings eventually.
, WR, Giants
14. Andre Williams , RB, Giants
15. Marqise Lee , WR, Jaguars
16. Jeremy Hill , RB, Bengals
17. James White , RB, Patriots
These four should contribute at some point this season, making them not just short-term helpers but long-term value plays. I really like Beckham's long-term future and Williams' short-term outlook. The problem for Hill is whether or not he'll eventually be "the guy" for the Bengals. White could end up having the same issue in New England but at least one of the guys blocking him ( Stevan Ridley ) is set to hit free agency in 2015.
, WR, Packers
19. John Brown , WR, Cardinals
20. Johnny Manziel , QB, Browns
21. Cody Latimer , WR, Broncos
22. Donte Moncrief , WR, Colts
23. Tre Mason , RB, Rams
24. Austin Seferian-Jenkins , TE, Buccaneers
25. Allen Robinson , WR, Jaguars
26. Jace Amaro , TE, Jets
27. Jerick McKinnon , RB, Vikings
28. Jarvis Landry , WR, Dolphins
29. Allen Hurns , WR, Jaguars
30. Josh Huff , WR, Eagles
31. Paul Richardson , WR, Seahawks
32. Dri Archer , RB, Steelers
33. Charles Sims , RB, Buccaneers
34. Jimmy Garoppolo , QB, Patriots
35. Derek Carr , QB, Raiders
36. Martavis Bryant , WR, Steelers
37. Tevin Reese , WR, Chargers
38. Bruce Ellington , WR, 49ers
39. Richard Rodgers , TE, Packers
40. Ka'Deem Carey , RB, Bears
41. Juwan Thompson , RB, Broncos
42. Lorenzo Taliaferro , RB, Ravens
43. Lache Seastrunk , RB, Redskins
44. Ryan Grant , WR, Redskins
45. Logan Thomas , QB, Cardinals
46. Alfred Blue , RB, Texans
47. Kevin Norwood , WR, Seahawks
48. Jalen Saunders , WR, Jets
49. Isaiah Crowell , RB, Browns
50. Robert Herron , WR, Buccaneers
51. Zach Mettenberger , QB, Titans
52. Tom Savage , QB, Texans
53. T.J. Jones , WR, Lions
54. David Fales , QB, Bears
55. Storm Johnson , RB, Jaguars
Our Latest Stories
Chris Towers dives into ProFootballFocus' advanced stats to take a look at the key numbers...
Devontae Booker will be the chalk at RB this week so Heath Cummings looks for contrarian RBs...
Need help selecting a starter? Dave Richard's analysis helps you choose your best Week 8 l...
Even with potential playoff implications, Jaguars-Titans doesn't have a lot for Fantasy players...
It's Devontae Booker time in Denver! Would you rather have Booker or Jay Ajayi rest of season?...
C.J. Anderson is out, which makes Devontae Booker a must-start option in all leagues. Jamey...