Giants safety Nat Berhe will not play during the 2015 season after being placed on injured reserve, reports The Record. Berhe is dealing with a calf injury.
Nat Berhe is apparently the latest Giants safety to have his season ended before it really began. He will have calf surgery Friday, sources have told per NJ.com. Three other Giants safeties have already been lost for the year. Behre played in all 16 games, but started none for the Giants as a rookie in 2014 and contributed to 14 tackles.
Giants safety Nat Berhe, who is in the mix for one of the team's starting roles, underwent an MRI on Thursday on his troublesome calf injury, which he proclaims to be a "little setback," per NJ.com. Berhe missed all of OTAs with the issue, and re-aggravated it during practice this week. The second-year pro seems to have fallen behind in the race for one of New York's safety spots due to the injury. "I'm just taking it day-by-day," Berhe said. "I felt great, and then it was just one of those things that happened. It'll probably be a couple more days (before he returns to practice)."
Giants safety Nat Berhe, who is recovering from a calf injury, said he hopes to be back on the field and healthy by the time training camp kicks off, per nj.com. "[Training] camp is what we're looking for," Berhe said."One hundred percent. [Training camp] is something I'm not even worried about." Berhe began running last week as part of his rehab process from a calf injury he suffered last month.
Giants safety Nat Berhe injured his knee on a kickoff return in the first quarter of the game against the Eagles. Berhe was helped off the field holding his right knee.