Starks (knee) is active Sunday against the Bengals. Starks isn't a big name in IDP circles, but his presence could help provide depth to a Browns run defense that has struggled mightily this season.
One attribute that defensive lineman Randy Starks is looking to bring to the Browns is leadership. Coming from Miami, Starks is hoping to be an outspoken leader to the younger members on the defensive line. Starks added that he doesn't necessarily want to try and assert his authority over the whole defense. "I'm not trying to come here and take over the whole defense," Starks said on Sirius XM radio, via ClevelandBrowns.com. "I'm just trying to take care of the defensive line, and that will help take care of the defense itself. Because we have (Karlos) Dansby and Joe Haden to take care of their respective positions." Starks recorded 28 tackles and 4 1/2 sacks in 15 games in 2014. In 11 seasons, Starks has only been to the playoffs twice. He's hoping that changes with the Browns. "That's the same thing I told (coach Mike Pettine): I'm trying to win games," Starks said. "I'm trying to get to the playoffs. And we're on the same page."
The Browns have agreed to a two-year deal with defensive lineman Randy Starks worth roughly $4 million per year, CBSSports.con NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports. The Dolphins parted ways with Starks after adding Ndamukong Suh last week. Starks rated as a league-average defensive tackle in 2014, ranking 42 out of 81 players, per Pro Football Focus. He racked up 28 tackles and 4 1/2 sacks in 15 games last season.
The Dolphins have officially released defensive tackle Randy Starks, as they prepare to announce the signing of former Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, reports CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora on Wednesday. Starks signed a two-year, $12 million contract extension last March. Miami will save $5 million with the move. The two-time Pro Bowler recorded 28 tackles and 4 1/2 sacks last season for Miami. The 31-year-old has 41 sacks through his 11-year NFL career.
The Dolphins are expected to part ways with defense lineman Randy Starks once the Ndamukong Suh signing becomes official, Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald reports on Tuesday. Starks, 31, signed a two-year, $12 million contract extension last March. Miami would save $5 million by cutting the two-time Pro Bowler. He recorded 28 tackles and 4 1/2 sacks last season for Miami. He has 41 sacks through his 11-year NFL career.