Ray McDonald

DL / Chicago Bears / EXP: YRS Height: Weight: lb Age: College: None Bye 7

Fantasy Points by Week

  • PROJ
DT Rank
  • by Marty Gitlin | CBSSports.com

    Bears release troubled DT Ray McDonald after second arrest

    The Bears have announced that they have released troubled defensive tackle Ray McDonald, the Chicago Tribune has reported. McDonald was arrested in California for domestic violence and child endangerment. It marked his second arrest in six months. He received the same fate in December for sexual assault and domestic violence before signing with the Bears in the offseason. The 30-year-old McDonald has been a full-time starter in the NFL since 2008. He was an All-Pro in 2011.

  • by Elliott Smith | Staff Writer

    Report: Bears DT Ray McDonald arrested for domestic violence

    According to NBC Bay Area reporter Damian Trujillo, Bears defensive tackle Ray McDonald has been arrested for domestic violence and possible child endangerment in California. No other information has been made available. McDonald, who was released by the 49ers last December after being arrested in the second of separate sexual assualt and domestic violence cases, signed with the Bears in the offseason and said he was planning to sue the accuser in one of his sexual assault charges.

  • by Sean d'Oliveira | CBSSports.com

    Bears DT Ray McDonald confident he won't be charged

    When asked Tuesday if he was confident that he would not be charged in a sexual assault case, Bears defensive tackle Ray McDonald said he had no concerns about being charged, reports the team's Radio Network "Yes. Extremely confident," he said. McDonald was released by the 49ers in December after being accused of sexual assault. He previously said he is in the process of suing the accuser over the sexual assault claim.

  • by Jason Butt | CBSSports.com

    Report: Bears to sign ex-49ers DT Ray McDonald

    The Bears have reached an agreement to sign former 49ers defensive tackle Ray McDonald, the organization announced. The deal is reportedly for one year. The story was first reported by ESPN's Chris Mortensen. McDonald was released by the 49ers in December after he was accused of sexual assault. This marked the second time in four months that McDonald was linked to a domestic violence related incident. McDonald recently told ESPN he is planning to sue the accuser in the most recent sexual assault claim. He was not charged in the first investigation due to insufficient evidence, according to the Santa Clara District Attorney's office. By joining the Bears, McDonald will reunite with defensive coordinator Vic Fangio.

  • by Larry Hartstein | Senior Analyst

    Report: Ray McDonald to sue his accuser

    Former 49ers defensive end Ray McDonald told ESPN he plans to sue the woman who has accused him of rape. McDonald has not been charged, with the Santa Clara District Attorney's office saying this month it is still reviewing the matter. "I feel like what I am doing is the right thing because I know that I am not this bad person that people are making me out to be," McDonald told ESPN on Monday. "I've been fired from my job. I know some teams don't even want to talk to me because of this past accusation. All I am trying to do is clear my name and move on with my life." The 49ers released McDonald in December citing "a pattern of poor decision-making." His attorney, Steve M. DeFelippis, said in a statement that the "unresolved threat of charges being filed against him, even though factually unfounded, continues to present a roadblock to this remarkable athlete being able to move forward in his career. This lawsuit is intended to vindicate him ... and return his good name." McDonald, 30, played in 14 games last season, recording 39 tackles, three sacks and a forced fumble.

  • by Sean d'Oliveira | CBSSports.com

    Report: DA denies that charges against Ray McDonald were dropped

    Defensive end Ray McDonald's agent has begun informing teams that the Santa Clara District Attorney has decided not to pursue charges against his client, reports NFL.com. While his agent said the allegations are closed, the Santa Clara County District Attorney's office said in a statement that they are still reviewing the matter, reports The Sacramento Bee. McDonald is facing a sexual assault allegation. "The District Attorney's office has made no decision on the most recent Ray McDonald matter," according to the statement. "When the investigation is complete, this office will release our findings publicly or through publicly filed charges." The 49ers released McDonald last year when the allegation arose. He is currently a free agent.

  • by Marty Gitlin | CBSSports.com

    Troubled DE Ray McDonald released by 49ers

    Defensive end Ray McDonald has been released by the 49ers after a second assault charge had been levied against him in the last four months, per CSNBayArea.com. The latest are sexual assault allegations for which he is being investigated. The team had stood by McDonald after the first incident, but apparently have lost faith in his innocence. McDonald, who was finishing his eighth season with San Francisco and has started every game this year, ends 2014 with three sacks and having contributed to 39 tackles.

  • by Larry Hartstein | Senior Analyst

    Police: Woman claims DE Ray McDonald sexually assaulted her

    San Jose Police are investigating after a woman claimed 49ers defensive end Ray McDonald sexually assaulted her at his home this week, reports the San Jose Mercury News. A search warrant was served Tuesday at the residence after police received a call from a hospital reporting a possible sexual-assault victim, the paper said. McDonald has not been arrested. McDonald was investigated in a domestic violence case following an Aug. 31 fight with his pregnant fiancee, but the District Attorney's office did not file charges, "citing insufficient evidence, and said it appeared the fiancee initiated the physical contact." The 49ers stood by McDonald in that incident, and he has started every game this season.

  • by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com

    49ers to have their probables Week 15

    The 49ers will have their probable players Week 15 against the Seahawks. Mike Iupati, Ray McDonald and Justin Smith are all active for the contest. Iupati is dealing with an elbow injury. McDonald has a finger issue. Smith is dealing with a back injury.

  • by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com

    Steve Johnson among 49ers ruled out for Seattle game

    The 49ers have ruled four of the 11 players listed on its final injury report for Week 15 against Seattle. Those four include linebacker NaVorro Bowman (knee), tackle Anthony Davis (concussion), defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey (forearm) and wide receiver Steve Johnson (knee). Cornerback Tramaine Brock (hamstring), cornerback Chris Culliver (knee), center Marcus Martin (knee) and safety Raymond Ventrone (groin) were deemed questionable. Meanwhile, guard Mike Iupati (elbow), defensive end Ray McDonald (finger) and defensive end Justin Smith (back) were labeled as probable.

Recommended Stories