|Duke coach David Cutcliffe celebrated a win over arch-rival North Carolina and now lead the Coastal division. (US Presswire)|
Here's CBSSports.com Rapid Reports ACC power ranking:
1. Florida State (7-1): The Seminoles got a 13-point road win at their rival Miami. There are still four one-loss teams in the Atlantic Division, so they need to win out. Last week's power ranking: 1. Next up: vs. Duke, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (ESPNU).
2. Clemson (6-1): The Tigers kept pace in the division with a win over Virginia Tech. They have a quick turnaround this week. Last week's power ranking: 2. Next up: at Wake Forest, Thursday, 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN.
3. Duke (6-2): The Blue Devils had a magical win over the Tar Heels on Saturday night and now lead the Coastal Division. That means this weekend's trip to Florida State could be a preview of the ACC Championship Game. You read that right. Last week's power ranking: 5. Next up: at Florida State, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (ESPNU).
4. NC State (5-2): The Wolfpack nearly lost a post-bye trap game at Maryland. There will be no letdown this week, when they take on the Tar Heels in Chapel Hill. Last week's power ranking: 4. Next up: at North Carolina, Saturday, 12:30 p.m. ET (ACC Network).
5. North Carolina (5-3): The Tar Heels lost to Duke for the first time in nine years and now have to get ready for their other arch-rival -- NC State. It's a crucial week in Chapel Hill. Last week's power ranking: 3. Next up: vs. NC State, Saturday, 12:30 p.m. ET (ACC Network).
6. Maryland (4-3): Brad Craddock missed a 33-yard field goal that would have beaten the Wolfpack. This week, the Terrapins travel to Boston College in the first ACC conference game of the season that won't be available on television. Last week's power ranking: 6. Next up: at Boston College, Saturday, 1 p.m. ET, (ESPN3).
7. Wake Forest (4-3): The Demon Deacons won a tight game at Virginia, but now they have a tough opponent on a short week. Last week's power ranking: 9. Next up: vs. Clemson, Thursday, 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN.
8. Virginia Tech (4-4): The Hokies' loss to Clemson means they have to win out to keep their streak of 10-win seasons intact. They'll have a week to prepare for the stretch run. Last week's power ranking: 7. Next up: Off week, then vs. Miami, Thursday, Nov. 1, 7:30 p.m. ET, (ESPN).
9. Miami (4-4): The Hurricanes lost their third straight game and their third straight to Florida State. They have a week off and then a critical game against Virginia Tech that will help to decide the Coastal Division. Last week's power ranking: 8. Next up: Off week, then at Virginia Tech, Thursday, Nov. 1, 7:30 p.m. ET, (ESPN).
10. Georgia Tech (3-4): The Yellow Jackets defense looked better, and they snapped their losing streak, but it was against Boston College. They step out of conference this week. Last week's power ranking: 10. Next up: vs. BYU, Saturday, 3 p.m. ET, (RSN).
11. Virginia (2-6): The Cavaliers lost their sixth straight. The skid includes losses to Louisiana Tech, Maryland and Wake Forest, and the four teams remaining on the schedule are NC State, Miami, North Carolina and Virginia Tech. Last week's power ranking: 11. Next up: Off week, then Nov. 3, at NC State, time and TV TBA.
12. Boston College (1-6): The Eagles lost by 20 to Georgia Tech. Their next two games are against Maryland and Wake Forest, and they may be the last two chances for a win. Last week's power ranking: 12. Next up: vs. Maryland, Saturday, 1 p.m. ET, (ESPN3).
For more up-to-the-minute news and analysis from ACC bloggers Shawn Krest and Sean Bielawski, follow @CBSSportsACC.