Juventus coach Conte faces disciplinary commission

  •  

ROME (AP) - Already serving a four-month ban for match-fixing, Juventus coach Antonio Conte may miss a few more games for criticizing Italy's sports justice system.

The Italian soccer federation's prosecutor announced Wednesday that Conte will face a disciplinary commission for his comments after his 10-month ban was upheld on appeal in August. Conte said then that he was being made a scapegoat and a judge had something personal against him.

The federation says Conte "expressed doubt over the impartiality of the decisions made by the prosecutor's office."

Last week, a national sports arbitration court reduced Conte's ban by six months, meaning he can return Dec. 8.

The ban stems from wrongdoing when Conte coached Siena in Serie B two seasons ago.

Copyright 2014 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and The Associated Press is strictly prohibited.
  •  
 
 

Biggest Stories

 

Latest

Most Popular