Flamengo closes doors for Adriano's return in 2013

  •  

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) -Flamengo director Zinho says the Brazilian club is not planning to re-sign Adriano when the former Brazil star returns to action in 2013.

Zinho said Tuesday it would be "very hard" for the club to bring Adriano back after the player announced a day earlier that he would not play again until next year.

Zinho said he "won't give up" on trying to help the 30-year-old Adriano get back on track in his personal life, but "professionally, he has reached the limit."

Marked by off-the-field problems throughout his career, Adriano missed several training sessions since joining Flamengo in August after being fired by Corinthians for allegedly not taking seriously his recovery from Achilles surgery.

Adriano said the decision not to play again this year was better for him and club.

Copyright 2014 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and The Associated Press is strictly prohibited.
  •  
 
 

Biggest Stories

 

Latest

Most Popular