|Tiger Woods will win his seventh Farmers Insurance Open on Monday.(Getty Images)|
Tiger Woods will win his 75th PGA tournament on Monday and his seventh at the Farmers Insurance Open.
This thing is over.
The fourth round was called because of darkness but not before Woods missed his first four fairways in his final round on Sunday and somehow walked away from those holes at -2. Throw in a birdie at No. 5 and you find yourself cruising at -17.
He chipped in, hit nasty cut shots, scored in every way possible.
Here are a few other crazy Woods stats you should brush up on while you wait for Tiger's 11-hole coronation on Monday afternoon (on CBS, watch online here; play begins at 2:10 p.m. ET).
- Tiger has opened his PGA Tour season with a win six times. SIX!
- Of all active golfers only Zach Johnson, Stuart Appelby, Steve Stricker, Justin Leonard, David Toms, David Duval, Jim Furyk, Ernie Els, Davis Love III, Vijay Singh, and Phil Mickelson would have more career wins than Tiger Woods does....at Torrey Pines (if he wins tomorrow).
- Woods is now -166 in 13 Farmers Insurance Opens.
- He has converted 49 of 53 third-round leads/co-leads. About to be 50 of 54.
- From 2011-2012: six eagles. In 61 holes this week: two eagles (and very nearly a third at the end of his round on Sunday).
- Unfortunately he won't get a chance to tie up his third dualing win with Novak Djokovic ... unless there's some bonus coverage of the Australian Open I don't know about.
- This from Kelly Tilghman:
At start of week Tiger Woods & Rory McIlroy were co-Masters favorites in Vegas at 6/1. Tiger's now 5/1 & Farmers isn't even over— Kelly Tilghman (@KellyTilghmanGC) January 28, 2013
- And finally this one from Amanda Balionis:
In his previous 6 W's @farmersinsopenWoods largest lead after 3rd round was 8 strokes in 2008, led by 1 in '03 &'99 ..trailed in others— Amanda Balionis (@Amanda_Balionis) January 27, 2013
Again, save me the "Tiger is back" rhetoric; let's just appreciate that Tiger is on.