As the 2013-14 golf season winds down -- how are there only seven more weeks -- there's still a ton of drama yet to play out.
Tiger Woods being back is part of it, sure, but Rory McIlroy seems to be back on track, Rickie Fowler is still hunting that first major, and remember that tall left-hander from California who knows how to swing the sticks a bit?
Here are the five storylines I'm most excited about over the next two months.
1. Rory's quest: You know what would make the 2015 even more incredible than it's going to be? If Rory McIlroy were somehow able to pull out the PGA Championship at Valhalla.
If he keeps hitting insane shots like this one, it's certainly on the table.
2. Tiger: Honestly, the only thing (or person) who can make the FedEx Cup Playoffs interesting with football right around the corner is the Big Cat. One problem: He's No. 215 right now and only the top 125 make it.
There's work to do (a lot of it) but he'll have opportunities this week at the Bridgestone Invitational and next week at the PGA Championship to do it.
3. Ryder Cup drama: I've written about it at length but how the US team plays out is going to be fascinating and dramatic. Certainly more dramatic than how the actual golf plays out.
4. Will Phil get a top 10? Hideto Tanihara, Hudson Swafford, Wes Roach and Max Homa all have more top 10s (one) on the PGA Tour this year than Phil Mickelson does (zero). Lefty isn't known as a big-time closer of seasons but he'll need to be if he doesn't want this to be a lost year.
5. Major-winning streak: Will the big-time winner at a major streak continue? Your last eight are all currently within the top 25 in the world. Rory McIlroy (twice), Martin Kaymer, Bubba Watson, Jason Dufner (the lowest), Phil Mickelson, Justin Rose, and Adam Scott. Who's next?