Golf tournaments are always better when the pairings are in twos and not in threes. This is the case for the Bridgestone Invitational this weekend because the field is only 76 players.
Here are the five most fun and/or best groups for the 2014 Bridgestone Invitational (with Thursday tee times).
1. Tiger Woods, Martin Kaymer (2:20 p.m. ET): Maybe they can talk about what it's like to win a US Open by eight or more strokes since they're the only two golfers since 1899 who know what that feels like.
2. Bubba Watson, Adam Scott (2:10 p.m.): One is the coolest, calmest dude in golf. The other takes selfies with his caddie and manages to throw a barb at him in the process:
3. Phil Mickelson, Sergio Garcia (10:30 a.m.): So many head games. I would pay to watch this group and skip all the actual shots.
4. Matt Kuchar, Rory McIlroy (10:40 a.m.): McIlroy is going to be, like, a buck twenty past Kuchar on every drive, isn't he? Two of the nicer guys in the sport, by the way. A fun follow.
5. Justin Rose, Rickie Fowler (2:00 p.m.): This could be the pairing that ends the 2014 Ryder Cup in about two months, too.