Second-round British Open groups and tee times
Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and Brandt Snedeker highlight the second day of groups at the 2013 British Open.
Zach Johnson led the 2013 British Open after the first round but has some monster names right on his tail. Here are some of the groups you'll probably want to follow on Friday during the second round (all times ET).
Also, go to bed early.
Here are the groups and times:
1. Jordan Spieth , Russell Henley and Matthew Fitzpatrick (2:49 a.m.) -- Spieth shot a tasty little 69 on Thursday and has a real chance to make some noise. He also might have the third-best swing in the group.
2. Lee Westwood , Charl Schwartzel and Sergio Garcia (4 a.m.) -- Schwartzel snapped a club on Thursday, which was fun, and what I expected from Garcia.
3. Adam Scott , Matt Kuchar and Luke Donald (4:11 a.m.) -- Donald's chili was running hot (copyright, Lee Trevino) on Thursday with an 80 but Scott (even par) and Kuchar (3 over) could both make moves.
4. Tiger Woods and Graeme McDowell (4:44 a.m.) -- Louis Oosthuizen withdrew on Thursday so Woods and McDowell will go it by themselves on Friday. Just means more time for Tiger to read his putts!
6. Nick Faldo , Tom Watson and Fred Couples (9:01 a.m.) -- Nothing of note from this group on Thursday, which just means Friday will probably be your last chance to watch them play at Muirfield this year, maybe ever.
7. Justin Rose , Ernie Els and Brandt Snedeker (9:12 a.m.) -- Snedeker blew this group away with a 3-under 68 on Thursday. Els and Rose will both have to hustle to make the cut.
9. Rory McIlroy , Hideki Matsuyama and Phil Mickelson (9:45 a.m.) -- McIlroy is painful to watch right now but Mickelson will be all kinds of fun the rest of the week. I think I saw two of Matsuyama's shots.
10. Zach Johnson , Thomas Bjorn and Shingo Katayama (10:07 a.m.) -- Johnson leads but Bjorn broke an $80,000 camera on Thursday so I have no idea who's going to be more entertaining.
Byeong Hun An and Grayson Murray went at it on social media this week, and it was fairly e...
Can the No. 1 golfer in the world win the 2017 Masters?
Find out when and how to watch the 2017 Houston Open live this week
John Daly and Snoop will both be in the vicinity of the 81st Masters
Jon Rahm, Thomas Pieters and Tommy Fleetwood will be playing Augusta National for the first...
Get out of here with this, Sebastien Gros!