The Crowne Plaza Invitational finish is going to be wild
Jordan Spieth, Adam Scott, and Hunter Mahan are hanging around at Colonial. Can one of them seal the deal on Sunday?
Who wants a tartan jacket?
Likely if you made the cut at the Crowne Plaza Invitational you're in the hunt to wear one on Sunday at Colonial.
After 54 holes of play we've gotten little separation on the leaderboard, which means Sunday is must-watch TV (ahem, on CBS).
Here's a look at your storylines.
1. Everyone is in contention: Like, nearly literally everyone. This leaderboard is so wide open Nick Faldo might be in contention to take home the trophy on Sunday. And he has been in the broadcast booth all week.
There are a whopping 49 golfers within five shots of the lead (7 under). Forty-nine! Somebody could tee off at 10 a.m., drop a 64, wait three hours, and be named the winner.
I don't even have a pick other than Sunday will be a blast.
2. Star power? For all the folks in contention, relatively few are stars. Here's your list:
Adam Scott (5 under)
Jason Dufner (5 under)
Jordan Spieth (4 under)
Louis Oosthuizen (3 under)
Hunter Mahan (3 under)
And that's pretty much it.
Sunday will be much more fun if one of them makes a big run. Like, say, this guy:
3. Can Adam Scott remain No. 1? Scott needs a good finish on Sunday to retain No. 1. Will Gray has the math here -- and it's a little complicated -- but it's safe to say if Scott repeats his Saturday 66 he'll keep that top spot.
4. Brendon Todd Texas sweep: Todd will try to win his second event in Texas in as many weeks after taking 77 starts to win his first.
Todd is five under and just two back after three rounds. He could (I can't believe I'm saying this) jump into the thick of Ryder Cup contention with a win on Sunday.
5. The old and the beautiful: If David Toms (47) and Thomas Bjorn (43) hold on in Ft. Worth and England, the combined age of the European Tour and PGA Tour winners would be 90. There's no stat on it but I bet that hasn't happened very many times.
Our Latest Stories
Big Cat tells his favorite stories about Arnie and discusses what their friendship meant to...
A look at the 2016 Ryder Cup and what some of the terms you'll hear this week actually mea...
Both teams have been completed, and the Americans remain a the team to beat, per the oddsm...
Recent U.S. history has not been favorable at these matches but that should change this time...
Watson did not get a captain's pick, but he will still be at Hazeltine this week
Everything you need to know about what is going to happen during the week of the 2016 Ryder...