Tiger Woods highlights five best pairings at Players Championship
Rory McIlroy, Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are all playing in great groups at the Players Championship.
The Players Championship boasts probably the fifth-best field of the golf season which means good pairings are everywhere. Here are my picks for the five best on Thursday and Friday with Thursday tee times included (all times Eastern):
1. Tiger Woods , Matt Kuchar , Brandt Snedeker (1:49 p.m.) -- A lot of 2013 Masters heartbreak in this group as well.
2. Graeme McDowell , Bubba Watson , Keegan Bradley (8:18 a.m.) -- The only group where everybody has a major.
3. Phil Mickelson , Webb Simpson , Justin Rose (1:28 p.m.) -- So many smiles from Simpson and Mickelson, the gallery will wonder what's wrong with Rose.
4. Adam Scott , Rory McIlroy , Steve Stricker (8:39 a.m.) -- Two of the greatest talents in the last 20 years playing with Tiger's putting coach.
5. Luke Donald , K.J. Choi , Sergio Garcia (1:39 p.m.) -- Strong international group here and Choi and Garcia are former winners.
The rules of golf strike yet again
Rory McIlroy, Lydia Ko and others weighed in on the terror attack
Golf this summer is going to rock with plenty of opportunities for memorable moments
The Englishman sent him a nice thank you from the Waldorf Astoria
There seems to be a bit of dissension about a Tiger-designed course in Chicago
The field for the second major of the season is starting to take some shape