So this was the week that was supposed to be boring. BYU and East Carolina helped us get through it, while Ohio had alot of us happy early on. After 2 weeks here's how my top 25 looks.
1. Georgia (2-0) The Bulldogs beat Central Michigan easily as Knowshon Moreno ran for 168 yards and a career high 3 touchdowns. Matthew Stafford added another 2 TDs through the air and Demarcus Dobbs returned an interception 78 yards for a TD. Next week the Dawgs take on the USC of the south. Look for another high scoring game and more stats for Stafford. Prediction: UGA 38 USC 21
2. USC (1-0) The Trojans had a bye this week as they prepare for the big showdown with the Buckeyes. Mark Sanchez looked great against UVA and will need a good game in the Rose Bowl if they expect to win. They play The Ohio State University on Saturday and Pete Carroll has his players ready for this game. Prediction: USC 27 OSU 24
3. Oklahoma (2-0) The Sooners beat Cincinnati 52-26 in a game that I thought had upset implications. Sam Bradford threw for 395 yards and a whopping 5 TDs. The Bearcats did move the ball on the Sooner defense and they'll be in the mix of things later in the season. Next week the Sooners play Washington who lost a heartbreaker to BYU. Prediction: OU 48 UW 17
4. Missouri (2-0) The Tigers beat Southeast Missouri State with ease, 52-3. They pulled out a few trick plays as heisman candidate Chase Daniels threw for 245 yards and 3 TDs. This FCS squad never had a chance with the Tigers. Next week Mizzou plays host to Nevada. Look for the Tigers to put up big numbers again. Prediction: Mizzou 59 Nevada 20
5. Florida (2-0) The Gators beat the Miami Hurricanes 26-3. Heisman winner Tim Tebow led the Gators tossing for 256 yards and 2 TDs while running for another 55 yards. Percy Harvin was back in a big way at the Swamp when he ran for a TD, he's a huge playmaker for that team. The Gators defense held Miami and their freshman QB to just 140 total yards. The Gators have a bye this week then they travel to Tennessee on the 20th.
6. Ohio State (2-0) The Buckeyes beat the mighty Ohio Bobcats 26-14. OSU took the ball away from the Bobcats 5 times and returned a punt for a touchdown. The offense only had 272 total yards, just 18 more than the Bobcats. I think it was a bad showing by the Buckeyes, with or without Beanie Wells. Next week the Buckeyes travel to the Rose Bowl to take on USC. The Trojans will be ready and waiting for them. Prediction: USC 27 OSU 24
7. LSU (1-0) The Tigers had their game delayed against Troy due to hurrican Gustav. The game will be played on November 15th.
8. Texas (2-0) The Horns beat UTEP 42-13. Colt McCoy threw for 286 yards and 4 TDs while the Horns defense yielded 412 yards of total offense to the Miners but never let them cash in. The defense can end up being a big problem, but the offense can score with anybody. McCoy has proved that he is a stud QB. Next week the Horns play Arkansas. McCoy's going to put up the stats again, prediction: UT 42 Ark 14.
9. Auburn (2-0) The Tigers beat Southern Miss 27-13. Don't let the score fool you, they were up 24-0 in the third quarter before Southern Miss started a comeback. Chris Todd threw for 248 yards in his first start and other than that they weren't any stats that stuck out. Next week the Tigers travel to Mississippi State. This should be an easy win for Tommy and the boys. Prediction AU 38 MSU 10.
10. Wisconsin (2-0) The Badgers had a rough start, but came back after trailing 14-0 to beat Marshall 51-14. Allen Evridge threw for 308 yards and a score whil PJ Hill was limited to just 57 yards on 18 carries, he did find the end zone twice. Backup John Clay also had 2 TDs while he ran for 54 yards. Next the Badgers travel to Fresno State in what is shaping up to be a good game. I think they have too much firepower for the Bulldogs to win. Predictions: UW 34 FSU 24.
- 11. East Carolina
- 12. Texas Tech
- 13. Alabama
- 14. Kansas
- 15. Arizona State
- 16. BYU
- 17. Penn State
- 18. Oregon
- 19. South Florida
- 20. Utah
- 21. Illinois
- 22. Wake Forest
- 23. Fresno State
- 24. West Virginia
- 25. California
Honorable Mention: Iowa. The Hawkeyes beat a tough FIU team to earn a look this week!
We have a bunch of good games coming up this week, Mainly USC and OSU. however Kansas and South Florid will be a good game while Fresno State and Wisconsin can end up being a good game as well.
Upset Alert: Watch out for BYU against UCLA. The Cougars got lucky this weekend as Jake Locker had a personal foul called against him after he scored a TD with :02 left in the 4th. That moved the PAT attempt back to the 18 and it was blocked. I think the Cougars got their wake up call and will be back, but it should be a good game anyway!
Comments are always welcome, you don't like where your team is or if they aren't ranked let me know about it! Have a good football Sunday everybody!