- The Montreal Canadiens are reportedly interested in Colorado's Ryan Smyth. The winger, however, has a no-trade clause and has indicated he would like to remain in Colorado.
- Chris Kunitz may join Anaheim's soon-to-be unrestricted free agents on the trading block.
- How about a swap between the Ottawa Senators and Edmonton Oilers, specifically Christoph Schubert for Ladislav Smid. Tampa Bay is reportedly interested in Schubert, too.
- Atlanta is shopping defensemen Ron Hainsey and Niclas Havelid.
- The Rangers would like to acquire Phoenix's Derek Morris, but they don't have the cap room to do it.
- Oilers winger Erik Cole has a few suitors, with the Boston Bruins, Pittsburgh Penguins, Canadiens leading the bunch.
- There's talk St. Louis Blues forward and Massachussets native Keith Tkachuk would be willing to waive his no-trade clause if it meant playing for the Bruins.
Odds & Ends from North of the Border
Posted on: February 24, 2009 5:24 pm
Tags: Anaheim Ducks, Atlanta Thrashers, Boston Bruins, Chris Kunitz, Christoph Schubert, Colorado Avalanche, Derek Morris, Edmonton Oilers, Erik Cole, Keith Tkachuk, Ladislav Smid, Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers, Niclas Havelid, Ottawa Senators, Phoenix Coyotes, Pittsburgh Penguins, Ron Hainsey, Ryan Smyth, St. Louis Blues, Tampa Bay Lightning