2. Alabama (26) 6-0 Coming off a bye and previously a narrow win, have to see how they do with the meat of the sched coming up
3. Penn State 7-0 My Big 10 pick, even if they lose to The (other) OSU, they'll still be top 10 material
4. Oklahoma 5-1 Needs UT to stumble against their horrendous month upcoming, still very dangerous
5. Florida 5-1 Should be higher, currently the class of the SEC with Bama
6. USC 4-1 Still over-rated, still has to go through the Pac-10 (sarcasm alert!)
7. Texas Tech 6-0 Needs a signature win, 3 make or break games coming up
8. Oklahoma State 6-0 On a HUGE roll; that win just threw them headlong into title contention. Could be undefeated coming into Bedlam
9. Brigham Young 6-0 If they can get through the TCU game, a clear path to the BCS goes through Utah
10. Georgia 5-1 Takes on the sent-back-to-earth Vandy team at home
11. Missouri 5-1 On the road to Austin this week, Could vault right back up or plummet. Still the North favorites.
12. Ohio State 6-1 Playing second fiddle as long as JoePa keeps winning
13. LSU 4-1 Is the debacle in the swamp a sign, or motivation?
14. Utah 7-0 Read BYU, replace "Utah" with "BYU"
15. Boise State 5-0 Quietly rising up the polls, the last of the already in-position BCS busters
16. Kansas 5-1 Poised to take up top 10 position if they can pull the upsets at Oklahoma and Missouri
17. Virginia Tech 5-1 Nobody really knows what's up in the ACC right now...
18. North Carolina 5-1 ""
19. South Florida 5-1 Big east leaders, still must deal with a dangerous Cincinnati team and inconsistent Pitt
20. Michigan State 6-1 Darkhorse Spartans are riding Javon Ringer into conference play
21. Wake Forest 4-1 See 18
22. Vanderbilt 5-1 Either upset the Dawgs at home, or go home unranked and still shy of 6 wins
23. Pittsburgh 4-1 Could take control of the Big Easy (typo intended) in the next 3 weeks
24. Ball State 7-0 They're on a tear through the MAC, with not too much to worry about
25. California 4-1 What? Where'd they come from?