Phillies Roster (Buyers)
Brewers Roster (Sellers)
Pospect i got
Prospects i get from the Rangers:
#3) Martin Perez, LHP, Grade A-: Could be a left-handed version of Feliz if all goes well. Expectations are lofty, but so is the talent
#4) Tanner Scheppers, RHP, Grade B+: Borderline A-. I'd make him an A-, but I still worry that the shoulder problems will recur. His ceiling is terrific and he could be num
#5) Wilmer Font, RHP, Grade B: Another very high ceiling arm, could be B+ or even A- with another year of development.
13) Max Ramirez , C, Grade C+: Grade gets knocked back some due to defense and durability concerns but I still think he'll hit enough to help someone.
14) Miguel Velazquez, OF, Grade C+: There are makeup concerns here but he's got the tools and he performed well in the Northwest League. Need higher level data and another year of makeup stability.
Prospect i got from the Rays
2) Jeremy Hellickson , RHP, Grade A-: For many years, I was the most famous baseball-oriented graduate of Hoover High School in Des Moines, Iowa. Jeremy Hellickson has changed that. Roy Oswalt type if he avoids injury. I love the guy.
3) Wade Davis , RHP, Grade A-: I love this guy too. If Hellickson could become Oswalt, Davis could become John Lackey .
5) Alexander Colome, RHP, Grade B: borderline B+. Excellent stuff, just needs to sharpen his command and transition to full-season ball.
6) Reid Brignac , SS, Grade B-: Glove has really developed, bat is good-enough for him to play given the defense. No room in Tampa barring injury; would be terrific trade bait.
7) Alexander Torres , LHP, Grade B-: More strikeouts, and gets lots of grounders, too. Command needs to sharpen up for a higher grade.
8) Tim Beckham, SS, Grade B-: Still has youth and tools, but not developing the way scouts anticipated. Plate discipline and defense have become issues. It will be very interesting to see how this one pans out. . .could be anything from a B+ to a C a year from now.
11) Luke Bailey, C, Grade C+: Difficult to rank since we don't know if the Tommy John is going to impact his defense yet. Was a first round talent before he got hurt.
12) Kyle Lobstein, LHP, Grade C+: Pitchability lefty breezed through the New York-Penn League. Projects as control-oriented three/four starter, assuming he passes the Double-A test.
13) Aneury Rodriguez, RHP, Grade C+: Got killed the first half of the season in Double-A, but pitched great starting in mid-July. Could break through in '10.
14) Kyeong Kang, OF, Grade C+: Underrated tools, took a big step forward with his plate discipline while hitting .307 with power in the Sally League.
15) Matthew Sweeney, 1B, Grade C+: He is a butcher at third base and needs to move to first, but I really like the bat. Nice pick up in the Kazmir deal.
16) Todd Glaesman, OF, Grade C+: Excellent tools, have to see if he can control the zone at higher levels. Could be Top Ten guy next year if he does.
20) Matt Gorgen, RHP, Grade C+: Command is an issue but I like him as a sleeper relief arm.
MLB trade Challenge
Posted on: July 2, 2010 11:05 am
Edited on: July 27, 2010 7:24 pm