1. Increased ticket sales: This may be the biggest reason for management. There is no doubt signing vick would instantly sell more tickets simply by signing him. In this financial turmoil, this reason might be the best one from the teams stanpoint and should be enough to sign him.
2. Buy Low, Sell High: This guy is as cheap as they come right now. You buy when things are at their bleakest. This is the time to hit a home run.
3. Cause: His and the teams. Think of all the money he'll be able to donate to the Humane Society with the money you give him. They already formed an alliance, and its a great opportunity to champion the animal loving cause for the team as well.
4. Feel Good Story: Everybody likes a feel good story....a rehab success. Just ask baseball. Josh Hamilton is the golden child of baseball, and even though he has barely played this year, the fans voted him a starter. This is foreshadowing....You'd be a feel good franchise.
5. Humanity: Youd be a feel good franchise. Youd make a difference in a young mans recovery.
6. Google Stockability: The potential benefit on an investment in Vick is astronomical. Again, if youve been paying attention...buy low, sell high. But the cieling on this guy is very high.
7. Skill: We already know that he is running a 4.4 in the 40 yard dash. His trainer has said thats what he was running in his backyard. Its no big deal, I do it all the time...HA! If he is running like that right now, give him a month to train with you. Still though....thats pretty damn fast.
8. Offensive Creativity: In one word...WILDCAT. The guy could probably be a quarterback, running back, or wide receiver. The matchup problems a team could create with him on the roster are endless. I mean the guy could still be the best athlete on the field. He went on a two year vacation.
9. U C Dat? : Before he took a two year vacation, he was the most exciting player in football. He could break a play for a touchdown from anywhere on the field. Any play, he could take it to the house. He always seemed twice as fast as anyone else on the field. He could throw the deep ball or simply run it the distance. Pure cant leave my seat excitement.
10. Desire: This guy wants it more than anyone on your team. Talk about chip on your shoulder....this guy wants the good life again.
He has the skills, the desire, the price, the high ROI, the matchup possibilities, the feel good story, the cause, and the chance to make the coach look like a genius. Sign him now.