Now that we’re starting to enter the meat of the schedule the games get harder. In the next twoweeks lots of Top-25 teams play each other. Not the least of which of these is Florida @ LSU, Alabama @ Ole Miss, and on Thursday we have Nebraska @ Missouri. Putting together next week poll should be interesting.
Here is my poll enjoy. I welcome any and all comments.LW= Last week.
1. Florida - Finally they will be tested! LSU appears ready for a dogfight. Is Florida? LW-1
2. Texas - Texas beats UTEP 64-7. UTEP beats Houston 58-41. What’s wrong with this picture?
I’m sorry was I supposed to be talking about Texas? LW-2
3. Alabama - Florida plays LSU and Bama plays Ole Miss. It’ll take only one upset to shake up
the top 3. LW-3
4. LSU - Mmmm. 1 vs. 4. Nice! LW-7
5. Virginia Tech - You struggled against Duke? Uh...check the calendar again. It’s not basketball
6. Cincinnati - Their upcoming date @ South Florida on the 15th is looming large. LW-6
7. Boise St. - They won 34-16 against FCS UC Davis with the starters in the whole game.
8. USC - Note to Cals’ remaining opponents: sell out to stop run, win game. In that order. LW-9
9. Ohio St. - Winner of OSU - Whisky game gets control of Big-10. LW-10
10. TCU - Blocking with out a helmet on!? These guys are either crazy or crazy good! LW-11
11. Miami, Fl - This years official yo-yo team. LW-23
12. Iowa - Wish these guys would decide whether or not they want to be good. LW-14
13. Oregon - Bad idea of the week: Use you game against the Ducks to break in a new freshman
14. Kansas - Jayhawks and most of the rest of the Big-12 took the week off. Yet another effective
method of avoiding needless loses. Bet the Sooners wish they would have too. LW-13
15. Penn St. - You know? I think Illinois absolutely sucks. No really! I’m sure of it now. LW-15
16. Oklahoma St. - Best team in Oklahoma. Snicker...snicker...HA HA HA HA HA!!! LW-16
17. South Florida - No Grothe? No problem. LW-24
18. Ole Miss - New plan. Beat Alabama save season. The flushing sound you hear is the Rebs’
season circling the bowl. No I’m not talking about a BCS bowl. LW-21
19. Missouri - Uh...I got nothing. LW-19
20. Auburn - Hope the Tigers have enjoyed the season so far. It gets harder from here. LW-NR
21. South Carolina - Congratulations you are the 7th SEC team that I have ranked some time this
22. Stanford - USC says they are the Team to beat in the PAC-10 but they play @ Oregon.
Oregon says they are the team to beat but they play @ Stanford. Stanford says they are the
team to beat but they play @ USC. Nice little circle of love, don’t you think? LW-NR
23. Wisconsin - If they don’t beat the Buckeyes their time in the TOP-25 will be quite short
24. Nebraska - Plays Missouri on Thursday. Winner stays in the Top-25. LW-25
25. Georgia Tech - Could still make a lot of noise in the ACC. Buzzing noise, get it? LW-NR
Stuck playing D&D with a bunch of dorks while there’s a great party going on next door: BYU, Oklahoma, Arizona, Boston College.
Slacker dropouts: Oklahoma (can’t rank a 2 loss team yet), Houston (Whoever you’re defensive coordinator is needs fired. And bench the starters too), Georgia, Cal, Michigan.
Special mention: Idaho. They were my upset pick of the week. Idaho is 4-1. They beat
Colorado St. 31-29.
My upset pick of this week is W. Kentucky over Florida International. WKU is a 7 point underdog.
Final comments: Yet another non-BCS team, Houston, is a fraud. Figures. There are only Boise St. and TCU left to carry the torch. Note to non-BCS teams. You must actually field a defense to get to a BCS game. Boise St. and TCU are the only ones that seem to get that so far.
And Finally here is the Top-25 from The Best D@mn Poll In The Landwww.thebestdamnpoll.com
Rank Team Total Points
1 Florida 3002 (80 1st place votes)
2 Texas 2897 (3 1st place votes)
3 Alabama 2882 (18 1st place votes)
4 LSU 2580
5 Virginia Tech 2512
6 Boise State 2459
7 Cincinnati 2371
8 Southern California 2341
9 Ohio State 2229
10 TCU 2133
11 Miami (Fla.) 1836
12 Iowa 1830
13 Penn State 1621
14 Oregon 1617
15 Kansas 1529
16 Oklahoma State 1417
17 Nebraska 1187
18 Auburn 1128
19 South Florida 1091
20 Mississippi 1001
21 Georgia Tech 913
22 Missouri 855
23 Brigham Young 848
24 Wisconsin 718
25 Oklahoma 712
Some of the others recieving votes: South Carolina 551, Georgia 271, Stanford 250, Houston 123, Utah 96,
Notre Dame 94, Arizona 58
Have a problem with either poll? Tell Me.