Florida or Alabama? Alabama or Florida? What about Texas? To me the top-3 are interchangeable. No way I’m going to move a Florida team that beat a top-5 team down. And I’m going to give Texas another week at 2 and see what they do against Oklahoma. 20-25 at this point are a guessing game. Think I should have put someone else in at 20-25? Tell me. Other than that enjoy.
LW= Last weeks ranking.1. Florida - Beat a top-5 team. Yea it wasn’t as pretty as some would like. You want a beauty
contest go vote for Miss America. LW-1
2. Texas - Their next 2 games against Oklahoma and Missouri should answer many questions
about them. LW-2
3. Alabama - Ready to step up if Florida or Texas falters. LW-3
4. Virginia Tech - Tyrod (Houdini) Taylor is ready to take his magic act on the road to play the
Yellow Jackets. Do yellow jackets like magic? LW-5
5. Cincinnati - Ready to run with the Bulls. LW-6
6. Boise St. - Next game is one of the very few small tests left for the Broncos, @ Tulsa. LW-7
7. USC - Notre Dame fans say they’re ready for prime time. Here come the Trojans. Time to put
up or shut up.LW-8
8. Ohio St. - It a good thing they have a good defense. 8 1st downs against Wisconsin!? Ugh!
Even LSU had more 1st downs than that against Florida. LW-9
9. TCU - Sneaking their way up the top-10. LW-10
10. Iowa - As long as they don’t have any more easy games they will be fine. They’re great in the
big games. LW-12
11. LSU - Nice defense. Now about that offense... LW-4
12. Miami, Fl - The Bipolarricanes have another cupcake on their schedule. Will they be manic
or depressive. LW-11
13. Oregon - Went on the road without their starting QB and came up with a win. LW-13
14. Kansas - Dorothy and the Jayhawks were all most done in by the Cyclones. Next week
they’re off to see the wizard. Not really it’s just the Colorado Nepotisms. No magic there.
15. Penn St. - Finished their tour of the teams of Illinois. LW-15
16. Oklahoma St. - Questions to ponder. Why do people lie first and ask questions later? Why
would a young receiver want to hang with an old DB. Wasn’t it Dion’s job in the NFL to
make receivers lives miserable? LW-16
17. South Florida - Big East title goes through here. LW-17
18. Nebraska - If you only going to play 15 minutes of a football game. Make it the last 15.
19. South Carolina - Let’s if we can find a pattern here. All of the SEC teams I have ranked have
smothering defenses and rely on them heavily to win. Yep there’s a pattern here alright.
20. Georgia Tech - Giving up 44 points to Virginia Tech next week, like they did with Florida St.
ain’t gonna cut it. LW-25
21. BYU - You’re in the top-25 again. But you’re going to have to beat TCU if you want to move
up much from here. I can still smell that rotten egg you laid at home versus Florida St.
22. Oklahoma - Properly ranked right behind the team that beat you. LW-NR
23. Missouri - Still a good one loss team. LW-19
24. Houston - You’re rotten egg smells even more. But nobody seems to want to be ranked here.
25. Notre Dame - I put them here to again experience the joy of pulling them off when they lose
to USC. LW-NR
Sir, we have 6 new contacts coming in fast: West Virginia, Oregon St., Auburn, Utah, Pittsburgh, and Arkansas.
Crashed and burned last week: Ole Miss, Auburn, Stanford, Wisconsin.
Final thoughts: This week we have on tap Oklahoma @ Texas, Cincinnati @ South Florida, South Carolina @ Alabama, Iowa @ Wisconsin, Missouri @ Oklahoma St, Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech, Texas Tech @ Nebraska, & Boise St. @ Tulsa. My friends there is going to be an upset somewhere in here. Maybe 2 or 3. Watch for a big shake up in next weeks Top-25.
Here are the results for The Best D@mn Poll In The Land.www.thebestdamnpoll.com
Rank Team Points 1st Place Votes
1 Florida 2940 75
2 Alabama 2860 23
3 Texas 2809 1
4 Virginia Tech 2586
5 Boise State 2418
6 Southern California 2403
7 Cincinnati 2369
8 Ohio State 2281
9 TCU 2092
10 Iowa 2008
11 LSU 1944
12 Miami (Fla.) 1923
13 Oregon 1707
14 Penn State 1651
15 Kansas 1521
16 Nebraska 1517
17 Oklahoma State 1374
18 South Florida 1215
19 Georgia Tech 1182
20 Brigham Young 1117
21 Oklahoma 931
22 South Carolina 883
23 Houston 486
24 Notre Dame 458
25 Pittsburgh 384
Some others receiving votes: Utah 303, Wisconsin 244, Missouri 242, Auburn 176,
West Virginia 159, Oregon State 74, Mississippi, 63, Arkansas 58