Well here it is a new week and we have yet a new #1. Remember what I said last week? "Will anyone be able to finish the season undefeated? Now the Buckeyes get the unenviable joy of having the largest target in college football... Wisconsin has first shot at that target."
Ugh (and I'm not talking about Geogia's mascot.) now it Oregon's turn. I kinda wish Boise St. was number one so they could lose first. Just kidding...or not. Really I like Boise St. No really.
Nevermind just read my top 25 ballot for The Best D@mn Poll In The Land .
1. Oregon - I actually don’t, in my heart, want to put them here. You know, biggest target in
football and all of that silliness. Don’t think the Ducks will have to much trouble with Next:
UCLA. LW - 2
2. Boise St. - This is where your schedule starts killing you. If Hawai’i and Nevada keep
winning they will help. Shame they are not in the MWC already. They would very likely be
NCG bound NEXT: La. Tech next Tuesday. LW - 3
3. Auburn - 9th ranked offense meet 3rd ranked defense. Something has got to give. Usually
it’s the defense that wins in these situations. But I think Mr. Newton will have something to
say about this. NEXT: LSU LW - 7
4. TCU - Living in Boise’s shadow. But the Frogs have something Boise doesn’t. A top-10
team left on their schedule. NEXT: The ground game of Air Force LW - 5
5. Oklahoma - Did you know by blanking Iowa St. the Sooners went from being ranked 93rd
in total defense to 68th. Numbers are funny that way. NEXT: Unbeaten Missouri. LW - 6
6. LSU - Word on the street is the only part of their next game you need see is the final two
minutes. NEXT: @ Auburn LW - 9
7. Michigan St. - Spartans are the surprise team of the year. NEXT: @ Northwestern (Who
lost to Purdue who lost to Toledo. Nuff said) LW - 14
8. Alabama - Now that the Gamecock boat anchor has been removed from around their necks,
they can work their way back up: @ Tennessee. LW - 11
9. Utah - Ow, who put this glass ceiling here? NEXT: Scrimmage with
Colorado St. LW - 8
10. Wisconsin - Game with Buckeyes was really over after the opening kickoff. Sorry you’re
just going to have to face it. NEXT: @ IOWA LW - 20
11. Stanford - Good team, bad mascot. NEXT: Washington St. LW - 12
12. Ohio St. - 1-1 in road games. That’s 50% They’ll beat Minnesota. But what about Iowa?
They could very well end the season 2-2 on the road. If I had trouble on the road I’d only
schedule 4 away games too. NEXT: Home vs. Perdue LW - 1
13. Nebraska - > Insert pinching nose because of the rotten egg you laid on your own field
emoticon here < NEXT: Doesn’t get any easier @ Oklahoma St. LW - 4
14. Arizona - Bad news, Foles out for at least 2 weeks. Good news, Matt Scott played well in
his stead. Good news qualifier, it was just Washington St. That’s two week in a row the
Couges have injured starting QB’s. Stanford might want to play their back up. NEXT:
Washington LW - 15
15. Iowa - Bet your wishing Arizona would just hurry up and lose already. NEXT: Wisconsin
LW - 16
16. Oklahoma St. - I’m just not quite ready to drink the Cowboy Kool Aid yet. A win verses
the Cornhuskers would help. NEXT: Nebraska
17. Missouri - More Kool Aid I’m not ready to drink. A win versus the Sooners and you
WILL be in the 10 for sure. NEXT: Oklahoma LW - 21
18. Florida St. - Best team in Florida. That’s not saying much. Did I just type that out loud?
NEXT: North Carolina St. LW - 17
19. West Virginia - Will a real Big East team please stand up, please stand up. Next: Some
Orange men that aren’t really men anymore LW - 25
20. South Carolina - Yo yo team. Up, down, up, down, up, down, etc. NEXT: @ Vanderbilt.
(Lose this and you are DTM!) LW - 10
21. Arkansas - At this point I’m just waiting for them to lose again so I don’t have to rank them
any more. Is that bad? NEXT: Masolippi. LW - 13
22. Kansas St. - Because I love replacing the teams I rank 20 - 25 every week. NEXT:
Baylor LW - NR
23. Texas - This is a team in transition. As in they transitioned from a top 10 team to an
unranked team and from an unranked team to ranked again. NEXT: Iowa St. LW - NR
24. USC - This is a team that’s getting better and better. Finally put together a complete game.
Offense is scary. But I still think your Tampa 2 smells like poo. NEXT: (BYE) LW -NR
25. Mississippi St. - Are you aware of an incredibly exciting innovation in football called the
forward pass? You should try it. People outside of Mississippi might endure listening to
cowbells to watch one of your games. NEXT: U niversity of A ddle B rained. LW- NR
We were going along just fine and then the bottom fell out : Nevada, Air Force, North Carolina St., Michigan.
Brown nosing their way to the top : Nevada, North Carolina St., North Carolina, Georgian Tech, Baylor, Virginia Tech (Did you know when I googled James Madison all I got back were images of boat anchors and cement shoes? True story.)
Thus concludes this weeks fun and games. See ya next week...or not. Just kidding.