Week 5 in the NFL comes to a close tonight after the New York Jets go into Miami. Let's hope this game is more exciting then most of the games yesterday. Okay, it is time to go over some interesting points from yesterday's action.
1. Denver is definitely for real! Not many people gave the Broncos a chance to beat the New England Patriots but that is just what they did. They played their hearts out and pulled out an amazing overtime victory. Denver's defense is very good and Kyle Orton is finally figuring out how to run an offense. He continues to just make solid throws and not turn the ball over and if Denver keeps running the ball like they did this team could be around come February.
2. Cincinnati is for real. What a huge win for Cincinnati in Baltimore. Who would have predicted that after 5 weeks the Bengals would stand alone in first place in the AFC North? They have now beaten the Steelers and the Ravens in back to back games and if it wasn't for the fluke touchdown in the last seconds by Denver they would be undefeated. Cedric Benson has revived his career and for the first time in 40 games, Baltimore allows a rusher to go over 100 yards. Could we be heading for a Cincinnati vs Denver AFC Championship game?
3. There are a lot of really bad teams in the NFL. What has happened this year? There are at least 4 teams that are pathetically bad, Oakland, Kansas City, Tampa Bay and St. Louis. 3 of these teams aren't even competitive anymore. At least Kansas City put up a decent effort this week but the rest of these teams lost by a combined 84 points. Are you kidding me? There are 4 teams that haven't won a game yet and it is tough to justify they will. Then you have all the teams with just one win, Washington, Detroit, Buffalo, Cleveland and Carolina. These teams aren't much better. What is going on in the NFL this year?
4. Worst game of the year, maybe of the century, Cleveland beats Buffalo 6 to 3. Wow, I feel sorry for anyone who actually watched this game. Derek Anderson was the winning quarterback and he went 2 for 17 for 23 yards. FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. Each team only got into the red zone twice. FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. Cleveland won with only 193 yards of total offense. FOR THE ENTIRE GAME.
5. There still remains 5 undefeated teams in the NFL, Minnesota, Denver, NY Giants, Indianapolis and New Orleans. Next week might be the game of the year in the NFC, NY Giants vs the New Orleans Saints. The Giants defense looks really good but they haven't played anyone this season that has had an offense. The Saints will be coming off a bye and have yet to trail this year. Should be a very good game.
That about does it for week 5. Let's hope we have some better games next week as almost half of the week 5 games were blowouts and over by the second quarter. Don't forget to visit us at http://www.moleandmeares.com to see our weekly NFL video and to submit your weekly picks for a chance to win a weekly prize.