It is Thursday, October 15th and it is time again for the Mole & Meares NFL power rankings. Our top 5 teams from last week didn't lose so there you won't see any new additions but you will see teams in different spots than last week. Here we go.
1. New Orleans Saints (4-0) - The Saints had a bye last so they will remain atop of our rankings. This week is when we find out how good they really are. They will host the New York Giants on Sunday with the opportunity to solidify their spot as the best team in the NFC and maybe the entire NFL. We might also get to see how they play when they aren't leading since we haven't seen that yet this year.
2. New York Giants (5-0) - The Giants took care of business last week against the Oakland Raiders in a blow out. Eli Manning looked good and didn't seem to be bothered by his heel injury and got to sit out most of the second half so he will be fresh come Sunday. They do look to be the most complete team in the NFC but will their defense be able to stop the high powered Saints offense on Sunday? I think the key to them beating the Saints lays on the shoulders and legs of Brandon Jacobs. If they can pound the ball and win the time of possession battle they will come out victorious and perhaps take over our coveted #1 position next week.
3. Denver Broncos (5-0) - The Broncos just know how to win. They move up two spots this week with their defeat of the Patriots. The Patriots were coming off their biggest win of the season against the Ravens and just got flat out outplayed by the Denver Broncos. Now the Broncos head west for a Monday night showdown against the San Diego Chargers. If they win they take a commanding 3 1/2 game lead in the division and will have surpassed everyone's expectations for the season.
4. Indianapolis Colts (5-0) - The Colts thrashed the Titans on Sunday night in their last match up before their bye week. Peyton Manning continues to put up ridiculous numbers so far this season with his fifth consecutive game of at least 300 passing yards. This guy is on his way to win consecutive MVP awards for the second time in his career. If their defense keeps playing the way it has been this team is scary good.
5. Minnesota Vikings (5-0) - The Vikings destroyed the St. Louis Rams last week 38-10. What I find most interesting is they keep winning games without Adrian Peterson rushing for over 100 yards. If Brett Favre can continue to protect the ball and not get his 40 year old body into trouble this team will compete for the NFC championship. They have a huge test this week against the Ravens who have lost 2 in a row and will be looking for a much needed win. Something tells me this is the week the Vikings will fall from the ranks of the undefeated.
Don't forget to check out our weekly NFL prediction show by visiting us at www.moleandmeares.com or www.youtube.com/meares78 . After watching our show don't forget to submit your week 6 picks for a chance to win our weekly prize.