On to week 11, it seems that once someone enters our power rankings for the first time they lose. The Cowboys looked awful last week against the Packers so they have now fallen out of our rankings and a new team enters this week. The top two teams just keep winning and remain the same...here we go!
1. New Orleans Saints (9-0) - The Saints played a really bad St. Louis team and only won by 5 last week. They need to take every Sunday seriously if they want to remain the best team in the NFL. I almost moved them down to #2 but I said earlier this year they will remain #1 until they lose and they haven't lost yet. They are not playing as good as they can play but they still find ways to win. They continue their quest for an undefeated season against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this week, another pathetic football team. If they play Saints football they should walk away with an easy victory.
2. Indianapolis Colts (9-0) - The Colts beat the Patriots last Sunday night and I am so sick of hearing about Bill Belicheck and his awful decision. In my opinion I think it was the correct decision and its a shame they didn't get the first down because that would have ended the game. Somehow the Colts found a way to win and remain undefeated and have a definite argument that they are the best team in the NFL right now. Unlike the Saints, the Colts have a difficult road game this week in Baltimore against the Ravens. It should be an interesting game and there is definitely a chance the Ravens could knock the Colts from the ranks of the undefeated.
3. Minnesota Vikings (8-1) - The Vikings took care of business against the Detroit Lions last week, or should I say Adrian Peterson took care of business. This guy is incredible, he is one of the most amazing football players I have ever seen. He just runs over, through and around people on a week in, week out basis. They get to host the Seahawks this week who have been not playing well this year. The Vikings should win this game walking away and all but clinch the NFC North title this week.
4. Cincinnati Bengals (7-2) - Does anyone question how good the Bengals are now? They completed their sweep of the defending world champions last week and now sit at 5-0 in the AFC North. Barring a Denver Broncos like collapse they should win this division and with their remaining opponents maybe even challenge the Colts for home field advantage. As long as the injury to Cedric Benson isn't too bad they should make some noise come January. I love the way their defense is playing. They do have to travel to the west coast this week but the good thing is they get to play the Oakland Raiders. Should be an easy victory.
5. San Diego Chargers (6-3) - The Chargers have been playing really well of late, winning 4 games in a row to tie for the division lead with the Broncos. They handled the Philadelphia Eagles last week on both sides of the ball and really never looked like they could lose that game. This week will be huge for them, going to mile high for a first place showdown with the Broncos. Phillip Rivers has been playing very well and it seems their running game woke up a little last week. The Broncos will be looking to stop the bleeding but I don't think they will be able to and I am hoping that the Chargers remain in our rankings for another week.
There is our top 5, will San Diego be able to remain there longer than Dallas? Will Indianapolis and the Saints be able to remain undefeated? We will find out on Sunday. Make sure to check out our weekly NFL picks video on Friday at www.moleandmeares.com or www.youtube.com/meares78 and don't forget to submit your picks for a chance to win a T shirt!