1. The New York Giants are in disarray. The decision to throw the ball underhanded while in the red zone to a triple covered receiver might have been the worst decision I have very seen made by a quarterback...way to go Eli!
2. Are the Cincinnati Bengals any good? I don't get this team, they get destroyed in week 1 by the Patriots, they beat the Ravens in week two and dominate the lowly Carolina Panthers in week 3. I can't get a read on this team and I have no idea if they will be able to compete in the AFC North.
3. I am pretty sure I could have been the quarterback for the Steelers this past week and they still would have won. In a battle of the unbeatens the Steelers embarrased the Buccaneers in Tampa. When Ben Roesthisberger comes back in two weeks this team is going to get better? Is that possible?
4. The New England Patriots are 2-1 but they have to be worried about their defense which gave up 30 points to the Buffalo Bills. Did the Bills score 30 points combined all of last season?
5. The Cleveland Browns are going to be the team this year that goes 2-14 but has a chance to win every game. They gave the Baltimore Ravens all they could handle on Sunday. If you haven't heard of Peyton Hillis you need to learn his name now, he ran for over 140 yards against the Ravens and looks to have become the starting running back in Cleveland.
6. Their are 3 unbeaten teams left in the NFL after week 3 and if anyone in the world would have guessed one of them would have been the Kansas City Chiefs then you are the smartest person in the world. I am still not convinced they are for real but they have looked pretty damn good.
7. The Houston Texans came back to earth on Sunday getting handled by the Dallas Cowboys. For the Cowboys, this was a must win game even though it was only week 3. I still believe that the Cowboys are the best team in the NFC East and will win that division.
8. The Minnesota Vikings were in the same boat on Sunday as the Cowboys, a must win. The Lions haven't won in Minnesota since the 80's and if they would have won that game, Brett Farve would have retired immediately and for good. Adrian Peterson is definitely making his claim as the best running back in the game.
9. The New Orleans Saints had barely won their first two games and their inconsistent play came back to haunt them on Sunday, that and their kicker blows. Garrett Hartley missed a 29 yard field goal in overtime that would have won the game, instead the Atlanta Falcons pulled out a huge divisional win. If I was Hartley I would start working on my resume.
10. Congratulations to Sam Bradford and the St. Louis Rams for getting a win before week 10. The Redskins, the sexy pick for a playoff team before the season started, are now sitting at 1-2 with a showdown this week in Philadelphia which will be over hyped all week by the media. Donovan McNabb can't save this team from drowning, they are just awful.
11. Michael Vick is the second highest rated quarterback in the league after week 3. He looks as good as, if not better, than he did when he was in Atlanta. The guy is just a freak of nature in more ways than one.
12. Peyton Manning had to play on Sunday with two of his top wide receivers on the sidelines. He still threw for 325 yards and 3 touchdowns. The guy is just good.
13. Sebastian Janikowski has one of the strongest legs in the NFL but accuracy has never been his forte. He missed a chip shot field goal in the final seconds which would have gotten the Raiders to 2-1. Instead he might have cost Tom Cable his job.
14. The Seattle Seahawks are the NFL's version of Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde. You have no idea which team is going to show up. They beat the San Diego Chargers easily and have moved atop of the very weak NFC West.
15. Mark Sanchez has looked like a pro bowl quarterback in the past two weeks. After looking so bad in the pre season and week 1, how did he become so good so fast and will it last? I guess we shall see...
16. The lone undefeated team left in the NFC is the Chicago Bears...yes you did read that correctly, the Bears. Can Jay Cutler continue his sharp play throughout the season? Highly unlikely.
Check in next Monday to see my week 4 thoughts and don't forget to visit my site, www.moleandmeares.com where you can see our weekly NFL picks video and submit your picks for a chance to win our weekly prize!