Blog Entry

Stewart addresses Australia run-in

Posted on: January 20, 2011 12:19 pm
 
Posted By Pete Pistone

Tony Stewart met with the media during Thursday's Preseason Thunder test session activities at Daytona International Speedway and commented on the altercation he was in with authorities last week while competing in a Sprint Cup Series event in Australia.

Despite reports to the contrary Stewart was not sporting a black eye during his media session and said the disagreement with a track operators stemmed from what he considered dangerous racing conditions.

According to Stewart the conversation "went a bit further than a normal dispute."

"I've always stood up for what I believe. I didn't think the conditions were safe to run. They felt different."

Asked if he would return to compete in Australia again next winter Stewart said he'd "Love to. Except for the last night we had an excellent time."

"I'm not the least bit proud of it. "I'm shamed of it," Stewart said of the ordeal.

Stewart and his Stewart-Haas Racing teammate Ryan Newman are both in Daytona taking part in the three-day test session.





Category: Auto Racing
Comments
The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author and do not reflect the views of CBS Sports or CBSSports.com