A few observations on Tiger Woods' front nine:
• Woods is back. His game looks solid. There's more than a good chance he'll be in contention on Sunday.
• Overall there was great acceptance of Woods by the Masters gallery. He was applauded on each hole.
• There we no typical Woods outbursts. No cursing or throwing of his clubs.
• Woods was more gracious to the gallery than perhaps ever in his entire career. He tipped his cap or smiled as crowds cheered constantly.
• He eagled the eighth hole.
• The mother of Woods, Kultida, walked the course with Nike founder Phil Knight. At parts of it, they walked arm in arm. A very small security contingent was with them.
• Woods looks as fit as ever.
• One of his best shots was on the par-3 sixth when his first shot landed about 10 feet from the hole.
• He missed one makeable birdie putt.
• There was only one "You da man Tiger." It happened on the third hole.
• Two airplanes flew overhead with banners attached at different times. One had a sign that read: "Tiger, did you mean Bootyism?"" Later a sign from an airplane read: "Sex addict? Yeah right. Sure. Me too."
Watch coverage of Augusta with Masters Live .