Dodgers activate Belisario
Posted on: August 10, 2010 5:11 pm
Edited on: August 10, 2010 5:43 pm
Dodgers reliever Ronald Belisario was activated from the restricted list on Tuesday, but refused to tell reporters why he was on it on the first place.
He did issue a statement through the team:
"I was placed on the restricted list to deal with certain personal issues. At this time, those issues have thankfully been resolved, and I am ready to join my teammates. Given the personal nature of my issues, I cannot comment any further. I am looking forward, not backwards."
Anytime someone pulls the McGwire "looking forward, not backwards" you know the reason is because they don't want to look backwards because they seriously messed up.
The Los Angeles Times reported last month that the 27-year old reliever left the team to enter a substance-abuse program. Belisario was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence charges in June of 2009 and pleaded guilty to a reckless driving charge.
According to MLB.com , Belisario said he wouldn't confirm or deny the Times' report.
"I don't want to talk about it," he said. "It is resolved."
Belisario made two rehab starts at Class A.
The Dodgers optioned Ramon Troncoso to Triple-A to make room for Belisario.
-- C. Trent Rosecrans
For more baseball news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsmlb on Twitter.