Amazing stats from S.F.
Posted on: October 28, 2010 11:28 pm
Edited on: October 29, 2010 12:56 am
Some quick notes after a second stunning result in San Francisco:
* The Rangers became the first team to walk four consecutive batters in a World Series game.
* The Giants have scored 20 runs in the first two games. They scored a total of 19 in six NLCS games against the Phillies, and the Rangers gave up a total of 19 in six ALCS games against the Yankees.
* The Giants have scored six-plus runs in an inning twice in two games. They did that five times the entire regular season.
* All 20 of the Giants' runs have come with two outs.
* Edgar Renteria drove in three runs in Game 2, something he didn't do the entire regular season.
* After two World Series appearances, Mark Lowe's ERA is 67.50.
Best lines of the night on Twitter as the mess was unfolding:
@mikeoz: Henceforth, Derek Holland will be known as "Walker, Texas Ranger."
@Ledger_Yankees: Taco Bell originally wanted Ron Washington in its commercial, but he refused to bring Feliz in, even after the kid ate his 15th chalupa.
-- David Andriesen
For more baseball news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsmlb on Twitter or subscribe to the RSS feed.