The GM meetings are under way in Orlando, which means we can expect an avalanche of rumors (but little, if anything, actually happening) in the next few days. The commissioner's office is intent on getting some business expedited this week -- GMs were prohibited from bringing their assistants, and the days are dedicated to league business with team business left for the hallways and dinner tables.
Here are a few of the rumor bits currently floating around:
* Leo Mazzone, who turned down the Yankees' pitching coach job previously, will not be interviewed this time around. (Journal News )
* The Cardinals want to get a contract extension done with Albert Pujols "between now and the Christmas holiday." (St. Louis Post-Dispatch )
* The humidor at Coors Field will be addressed during the meetings. (Denver Post )
* Add the Braves to the list of teams interested in Dan Uggla. (Atlanta Journal-Constitution )
* Andrew Miller assumes he'll be a reliever in Boston. (MLB.com)
* The Mets' lack of discipline last year makes Terry Collins a good candidate for the Mets, though Bob Melvin made a strong impression on GM Sandy Alderson. (New York Post )
* Rockies free agent left-hander Jorge De La Rosa is the Pirates' top target. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review )
* There are 12 teams "interested" in third baseman Adrian Beltre. (SI.com)
-- David Andriesen
For more baseball news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsmlb on Twitter or subscribe to the RSS feed.
Tuesday morning rumor roundup
Posted on: November 16, 2010 10:50 am
Edited on: April 18, 2011 12:28 pm