- Chien-Ming Wang has re-upped with the Nationals on a one-year, $1 million contract. Wang was with Washington in 2010 but was unable to return from the myriad of injuries that derailed his career as a Yankee. He will be able to earn another $5 million in incentives and may be ready to contend for a rotation spot in spring training.
- The Red Sox have inked left-handers Rich Hill and Andrew Miller to minor-league deals, and the two will battle for a spot in the bullpen. Boston also signed former first-round pick Ryan Harvey, who is making the transition to a pitcher.
- The Twins and Rockies made a minor trade, with Colorado acquiring catcher Jose Morales and Minnesota lefty pitcher Paul Bargas. Bargas has a shot to become a middle reliever but is still a ways off, while Morales figures to back up Chris Iannetta in 2011.
- Enrique Rojas on Twitter says that reliever Guillermo Mota has five offers to join a team, with the Giants, Dodgers and Rays the finalists.
- The Indians inked shortstop Adam Everett to a minor-league deal. He was released by the Tigers midway through 2010 and will fight for a backup spot. He can field, but can't hit a lick.
- Tampa and San Diego's long nightmare may be over, as SI.com's Jon Heyman reveals that the Jason Bartlett trade is almost done.
Minor moves in baseball
Posted on: December 16, 2010 6:58 pm
Edited on: December 16, 2010 11:50 pm
There's been plenty of news today -- Josh Willingham to the A's, Kerry Wood back to the Cubs, and so on -- but there are some minor moves to take note of, too.