* NL East: $60.29M average ($301.45M total)
* AL East: $55.22M average ($276.08M total)
* AL Central: $48.82M average ($244.1M total)
* NL West: $38.71M average ($193.53M total)
* NL Central: $22.46M average ($134.76M total)
* AL West: $14.78M average ($59.1M total)
A few other notes to come out of the MLBTR analysis (you can see the complete breakdown here ):
* The low AL West number is not for a lack of trying. The Angels and Rangers have had some high-profile targets, but haven't gotten anything done. Adrian Beltre, of interest to both teams, could change that number considerably.
* If someone would have told you two months ago the Yankees wouldn't be in the Top 5 in spending at this point, would you have believed it?
* Pretty surprising to see the Mets, Braves, Jays and Rangers in the bottom 10. Also surpising to see the Nationals at No. 2 and the Reds, Rockies and Marlins in the top 12.
* Indians fans have to be rushing to the ticket windows with the team spending a whopping $1.3 million on Austin Kearns, eh?
-- David Andriesen