Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- You can’t like it when a dude grabs your junk in the middle of a football game. Yet, that's exactly what Cleveland C Alex Mack says his former teammate, Chiefs DL Shaun Smith, did during Sunday’s game. “Not cool,” says the all the world’s men. “Not cool at all.” Smith said he didn’t recall doing anything like that.
- Patriots coach Bill Belichick wasn’t a fan of the way Jets DB Eric Smith hit New England WR Wes Welker in the head during Sunday’s game. “I don’t think that’s really what the league is looking for with those kind of plays,” Belichick said. “I can’t imagine that they are. We’ll see what they want to do about it.”
- Titans coach Jeff Fisher expects Vince Young to respond to his benching last Sunday by returning next week and playing better. Fisher said Young doesn’t have to look over his shoulder at backup Kerry Collins, but then again, Fisher showed why Young should look over his shoulder if he plays poorly in a game.
- A little less high profile than Braylon Edwards’ DWI arrest this morning, but still important to know nonetheless. Ravens assistant offensive line coach Andy Moeller is facing drunken driving charges again. He was stopped just before 1 a.m. Saturday. He was charged with the same offense in May but ultimately was acquitted.
-`At this point, it doesn’t seem like Ken Whisenhunt knows too much about Arizona’s football team. Which is strange because … you know … he’s the coach.
- Raiders coach Tom Cable seems to know who will start at quarterback – either Jason Campbell or Bruce Gradkowski – for Oakland next Sunday. But he said he’s not going to inform the world until Wednesday.
- It’s shocking that a team that kept just two running backs on the initial 53-man roster – and three fullbacks! – is having problems running the ball. Yet, after Ryan Grant’s season-ending injury, that’s exactly where Green Bay finds itself.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .
Hot Routes 09.21.10: Don't touch me there
Posted on: September 21, 2010 10:04 am