Posted by Will Brinson
- The Falcons are rocking their throwback jerseys on Sunday as they welcome Mike Singletary and the winless San Francisco 49ers to Atlanta; personally, I think they look pretty dope. But I haven't seen them up close, so I can't be positive. Neither, according to Mike Florio , has DeAngelo Hall. You see, the Falcons are sending the jerseys to all of their former Pro Bowlers as a "thank you" and whatnot -- Florio reports that Hall is the only guy who won't get a jersey, because he had some not-so-choice comments for the organization after he left. However, Rick Maese of the Washington Post now reports that Hall will get a jersey; apparently there was a big debate as to whether or not the team should spite Hall like that
- Scott Pioli explains how he came to have a mancrush on Tony Moeaki, who he saw coming out of Iowa thanks to his friendship with Kirk Ferentz.
- Doug Farrar at Shutdown Corner breaks down the pleasant surprise that has been Sam Bradford's play for the St. Louis Rams; Doug talks to Seahawk defenders (like Lofa Tatupu) in preparation of their game against Bradford this weekend. They are also impressed and surprised.
- Mike Lombardi said on NFL Network Wednesday that he believes the Bills will eventually "pull the pin" on a trading Marshawn Lynch
- Dwayne Jarrett said at Panthers practice that his agent Drew Rosenhaus discussed his release and/or trade with the Panthers this offseason, but said "they don't want to let me go because they still feel like I can help out the team." That noise you hear is every single Panthers fan shaking their heads collectively.
- Donovan McNabb's parents won't be coming to the game on Sunday. Presumably, they, unlike McNabb, understand what people who live in Philadelphia are all about. That is, of course, "booing."
- Mike Tanier does his always excellent "Walkthrough" at Football Outsiders , helping to determine who is "For Real."
- Oddly enough, it wasn't Joe Flacco or Anquan Boldin who got the highest offensive grade from Cam Cameron after Week 3's explosion against the Browns -- it was Le'Ron McClain.
- D. Orlando Ledbetter has video proof that the members of the Falcons' like going for it on 4th down because they think it instills confidence in the offense.