Posted by Will Brinson
Got a link for the Hot Routes? Hit us up on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL) .
- Albert Breer of the Boston Globe page/NE">Patriots+news">thinks that the defensive system is "taking shape." And it is the shape of Patrick Chung. Okay, he didn't write that -- but that was a critical bounceback game for a Pats D.
- Perhaps it started, as Ian Rapoport notes in today's Boston Herald , from Bill Belichick's speech to the team -- a classic "you are the underdogs" rant that we all really want, since, you know, there's nothing better than a bunch of Bostonians still trying to pretend they're the scrappy fellas.
- Matty at The Phinsider calls the Dolphins' loss lots of mean names, but when reality replaces anger for him, it sounds pretty clear that he's concerned for the future, even though it's only Week 6.
- Greg Knopping of Pats' Pulpit gives props to the "bend-but-don't-break" defensive by the Pats which helped generate four turnovers in a critical game.
- Armando Salguero writes in the Miami Herald that no one on the special teams unit should be safe . Of course, he also writes that they've been "flirting with disaster for three years" (cue the Molly Hatchet and head to the archives for some scrutiny!). But yeah, when you suck at your job you can totally be fired.
- According to the New York Daily News , Joe McKnight could become a two-way player (at cornerback no less) for the New York Jets. This would make absolute sense if McKnight was any good at being a one- way player. He is not.
- Brandon Chillar's shoulder injury could be serious ; meaning the Packers could lose another defensive player (Morgan Burnett first) for the season.
- A bunch of San Diego restaurants are showing Chargers games even though the games are supposed to be blacked out. The NFL, predictably, is not happy about this. And the restaurants don't care . It's a rebel state that California.
- Michael Bush says he's "ready" to step in and play if Darren McFadden can't. Glad to see he's prepared to, um, work?