Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- It sounds like the relationship between Jets coach Rex Ryan and defensive coordinator Mike Pettine is complicated. As is their decision to both call defensive plays during games.
- It seems that there might be a communication problem between Ravens QB Joe Flacco, offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and QB coach Jim Zorn. Baltimore should think about fixing that .
- Speaking of the Ravens, they’re eventually going to talk to LB Ray Lewis about his alleged involvement with a supplement that might contain a banned substance. Said GM Ozzie Newsome: "Ray is one person that I think that we all can talk to, and he'll explain any and everything to us about what he's doing [and] why he's doing it.
- Do you remember that tiny thing that happened last month when the Metrodome’s roof collapsed? Yeah, so pretty soon, the people in charge are going to have to figure out what to do about it.
- Mean Gene Okerlund weighed in on Bart Scott’s post-game rant last Sunday. Said Mean Gene: “On a scale of one to 10, I would give him an eight. A good interview has to create emotion. You can do that through love or hate, or just by entertaining people, and he does that.”
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger prefers not to live in the past. Especially if someone asks him about his off-field, off-season transgressions and his four-game suspension to start the season.
- An interesting perspective about the city (Indianapolis) that is scheduled to host next year’s Super Bowl. What happens if there is no season?
- ESPN.com’s Paul Kuharsky was not impressed with the way Titans coach Jeff Fisher handled the firing of defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil. Especially since the team will have to pay Cecil for 2011 though he won’t be working for Tennessee.
- Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti lays down the gauntlet for new OL coach Andy Moeller: there better not be any more alcohol-related incidents, or you’ll be fired.
- Can Steelers rookie C Maurkice Pouncey compete with the Jets’ complicated defensive schemes? New York’s Shaun Ellis thinks he might have trouble. Pouncey doesn’t necessarily agree.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .