Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- Did you hear that Michael Vick was awarded a key to the city of Dallas? Well, Dallas’ mayor isn’t too pleased about that.
- Vick didn’t get out of the ceremony unscathed, though. As this YouTube video will attest. To be fair, though, take the video with a grain of salt. It’s hard to tell if Vick even heard the radio guy or looked at him.
- If you’re thinking new Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden will contact QB Carson Palmer to make a pitch at him to stay in Cincinnati, think again. Gruden will wait until Palmer’s job status is sorted out before making contact.
- Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt has put down his foot. WR Larry Fitzgerald will NOT get to make the decision on who quarterbacks Arizona’s squad next season.
- Sally Jenkins of the Washington Post thinks the Super Bowl has become too bloated.
- If you were driving in the Washington D.C. area Sunday night, there’s a pretty good chance you were given a ticket by Maryland or Virginia police. Forty-two drivers were arrested on DUI suspicion.
- Looks like Falcons coach Mike Smith and Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall are buddy-buddy with each other again.
- An interesting look on how the NFL and the NFLPA can’t seem to get a handle on how to appease the NFL’s fans.
- The Washington City Paper has announced the Washington City Paper Defense Fund so the outlet can fight the multi-million dollar lawsuit leveled at it by Redskins owner Daniel Snyder. Apparently, the newspaper is getting plenty of support from its readers.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .